When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

loosing time

imleg

Over the next 4-6 weeks it will definately settle down a bit but the question is how much? 4 minutes is a lot.. Either way, after it settles you will want to regulate it but each movement will have limits on how far it can be regulated.

I will let one of our more experienced members comment.

4 minutes a day is not bad for a replica.

I had a genuine omega speedmaster and it lost about 10 minutes a day.

Most replicas have no q.c. and I don't think my genuine omega has cosc q.c. either. :angry:

10 minutes a dat means time for a service. It annoys me when peple suggest that several minutes (or even seconds) is not bad for an automatic. Maybe in 1920, but by today's standards that sux. As far as breaking in, both my ETA rollie reps were 15/18 seconds fast per day...exactly...every day. After a couple of months there was no change. One I sold, the other I had regulated to +5 seconds per day. It is always +5 per day. I havew no doubt I could regulate it within 3.

My Gen Omega PO has been running since June 15th, and it is still within 1 second. That, however, is due to the co-ax movement.

I wouldn't expect your 4 minutes to change much....not without regulation, and maybe a servicing.

10 minutes a dat means time for a service. It annoys me when peple suggest that several minutes (or even seconds) is not bad for an automatic. Maybe in 1920, but by today's standards that sux. As far as breaking in, both my ETA rollie reps were 15/18 seconds fast per day...exactly...every day. After a couple of months there was no change. One I sold, the other I had regulated to +5 seconds per day. It is always +5 per day. I havew no doubt I could regulate it within 3.

My Gen Omega PO has been running since June 15th, and it is still within 1 second. That, however, is due to the co-ax movement.

I wouldn't expect your 4 minutes to change much....not without regulation, and maybe a servicing.

Do you realise that 4 mins a day is less than 17 seconds an hour :blink:

Ken

sorry, i think 4 minutes a day is really bad, even for a rep. I would see where it is 2 months from now and regulate it. if you know how to do it yourself, i would do it now and expect it to change from where you regulate it.

thom

i've got a new vc 1775 with a asian movement from narikaa and it is loseing 5 minutes a day i have many reps eta and asian and none of them have ever done this new or old. all of my watches are good for less than that for a week. the time keeping on all of mine have remained the same from new. i don't know how to regulate it. any ideas on how to do this?

Do you realise that 4 mins a day is less than 17 seconds an hour :blink:

Ken

Do you realize that 4 minutes a day is almost a half hour per week?! If you were counting seconds in youor head I'd say that was good, but for a timepiece that's poor. Honestly, even my Canal street Sub ($25 two years ago) is still within about 15 seconds PER DAY. Ken, you're being to lenient with your standards. Anything above 20 seconds per day (as long as it's consistent) should be easy to regulate MUCH tighter.

You can do it yourself. On Asian movements you have to adjust the regulator arm with almost microscopic screwdriver taps...on ETA reps you usually have a much more refined control in the way of a regulator screw. If you're adjusting a PAM, and you're lucky you'll have a working swan neck that allows very fine adjustments.

Shane

Do you realize that 4 minutes a day is almost a half hour per week?! If you were counting seconds in youor head I'd say that was good, but for a timepiece that's poor. Honestly, even my Canal street Sub ($25 two years ago) is still within about 15 seconds PER DAY. Ken, you're being to lenient with your standards. Anything above 20 seconds per day (as long as it's consistent) should be easy to regulate MUCH tighter.

You can do it yourself. On Asian movements you have to adjust the regulator arm with almost microscopic screwdriver taps...on ETA reps you usually have a much more refined control in the way of a regulator screw. If you're adjusting a PAM, and you're lucky you'll have a working swan neck that allows very fine adjustments.

Shane

where can i find some pictures of this operation on a asian movement? i did a search and didn't come up with anything i could use. this much variance is unaceptable for me but i am willing to try and do myself.

4 min per day it's too bad for me.

Mine tag with 7750 at the beginning lost 4-5 sec per day, later on it got worst and currently lose about 8-10sec per day (i thought it sucked but now, reading imleg experience, i'm satisfied. :p ).

I started adjusting the timing on my watches recently. I have started with the automatic Asian movements. One was the IWC Big Pilot and I got it from 3.5 minutes fast to 5 seconds fast per day. This was done off and on over a period of several weeks.

The second watch was an IWC power reserve. This took less than a week and now runs less than 1 second fast every 2 days. I could not believe it when I kept checking it. I let it run the entire week without touching it and it had only gained about 2.5 seconds for the week.

So, it is possible. some will probabley be easier than others and a steady hand and patience is needed.

Usil

Edited by Usil

Maybe I've just been lucky but I have been able to regulate all of my reps to within 3-5 sec per day and they vary from ETA's to Asian 21js to Asian 7750s. The 7750 ran 10 minutes fast per day on delivery and it is one of my most accurate watches today including my genuine COSC chronometers.