When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replacement two tone band

Matt_24

I just received in yesterday my two tone blue dial sub from Josh. I take it this morning to have a few links removed and it falls a part. My watch guys says that the screws are wrong.

Rather than go through another week of playing ship here, ship there....where can I buy a replacement band just to switch it out. Thankfully the watch itself works well.

Two drop-shipped watches. Two problems. The date broke the first day of receiving the $218 black dial SS Sub from Josh. As you can tell...I'm just very frustrated at this point.

Josh told me to send him a pic and he would send me the parts. That is fine....there are several little things screwed up and I just want to buy something (preferably) in the states and have it sent...fast.

I will say Josh is doing the right thing on his part, both times.....I'm just frustrated with all drop-shippers. I'm quickly thinking of sticking these in a drawer and going and buying a G-shock and saying "The heck with this."...LOL.

Please advise! Thanks.

I agree with Hike. You could look around here in the states and maybe find an unmarked TT band for $50- Watch Prince comes to mind. Or you could order an unmarked TT band from China for $15-20. I bought a TT band for a sub from Silix- with slow shipping it cost around $45 as I recall.

So I'd try Josh first, too. Tell him it doesn't have to be the expensive EMS airmail, just registered. That way it'll only cost him $10-15 total- those bracelets are cheap in China!

I agree with Hike. You could look around here in the states and maybe find an unmarked TT band for $50- Watch Prince comes to mind. Or you could order an unmarked TT band from China for $15-20. I bought a TT band for a sub from Silix- with slow shipping it cost around $45 as I recall.

So I'd try Josh first, too. Tell him it doesn't have to be the expensive EMS airmail, just registered. That way it'll only cost him $10-15 total- those bracelets are cheap in China!

Josh told me to send a photo of the damaged part. I mean...it is brand new and falling a part!! Sheesh.

He said for a full replacement band it would be $120.00. I took photos of the damaged parts. I hope he makes this right. Who is SILIZ BTW in case, well, I need him. I had my watch guy put my sub on a nice brown leather band and it actually looks pretty good....but I WANT the two tone functional, you know?

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1504

This is the silix TT bracelet for $30 plus maybe $19 shipping. It's not as good as a noob bracelet- the gold on the center of the end pieces doesn't return down the sides like on a noob or one of the better TT bracelets. Read ByTor's review from Randy's post above- click on noob sub, maybe BT goes over that fine point/flaw on TT bracelets.

If Josh says the TT bracelet is $120, I'd be tempted to send him all the pieces and ask him for a new one- he's definitely full of caca.

Matt24,

Here is my advice for you and all Rep Noobs. When you look at the Trusted dealer list, you are looking at a great list of Rep Suppliers in terms of service and Quality. Considering that 99% of Rep websites on the net are Scams, I consider myself lucky to have access to this list.

Now, remember that when you purchase A Rep you are taking a risk with the money you paid for it. So be prepared to run into problems once in a while. There are no Quality Check standards on Reps like there GEN counterparts.

I have purchased things from Josh in the past and have had a great experience with him and his products. In fact my reps are still running well with no problems. But the reason they are running well is because I did 1-3 months of research on the Reps I had in mind before I purchased.

See this is something I don't understand. When a Person Wants to buy a $400 Flat screen TV. They will do months of research before they buy. And this is on products that are GEN and have warranties. But when it comes to Rep watches people come in and rush into a $400 purchase. There are no guarantees or warranties on this stuff, so don't rush do your due diligence.

Now Here is what I learned through My research as a general Rule, Perhaps a Golden nugget for the Newbie.

Notice what FxrAndy just said. "Buy a Noob Sub". This is a guy with experience, You can tell. Because he understands this rule I'm about to describe.

Here it goes. Every Dealer has It's Good and Better Replicas.

For Example, If you wanted to get a Submariner Rolex Maybe you should have gone with Eurotimez with an MBK or Noob Sub.

Take a look at this.

Again this is a part of your research. Another example are Omegas. You have dealers who have good Reps of these and Dealers who have Better Reps.

For example Josh is good for these and Silix. Silix is also good on the breitlings. He seems to get stuff sooner and is on top of the breitling stuff. Take a look at his

heritage 46 for example. He is the first and only guy to have the Rubber Strap for this model, Since the Rep Leather quality is not good. This is appealing to Experts

and can only be known through research.

Hope you catch my drift.

So how do you find out this stuff. By reading reviews of people who buy reps. Also doing a moderate amount of research and learning on what watch Movements are and what are some good watch parts.

So when you look at the Noob Sub and MBK Sub you will see some differences in Parts mainly. And based on what you see, you decide what is more important for you.

finally Eurotimez also offers a Quality Check, when you purchase from him. He charges a bit more than others but when you get your rep you know he has checked it for flaws and also verified the Movement for you.

So Remember that you have Good Reps and Better Reps. How do you get your hand on the better ones. Either through research or Luck. I'd rather choose the First!

Hope this Helps Bud.

Edited by alienfromneptune

Josh told me to send a photo of the damaged part. I mean...it is brand new and falling a part!! Sheesh.

He said for a full replacement band it would be $120.00. I took photos of the damaged parts. I hope he makes this right. Who is SILIZ BTW in case, well, I need him. I had my watch guy put my sub on a nice brown leather band and it actually looks pretty good....but I WANT the two tone functional, you know?

The bracelet that Joshua is offering you isn't the same as the one offered by Silix. It is a 14k gold with heavy gold plating rather than the thin plating found on most others. In my experience, it is the most durable of all the rep gold bracelets. I have had mine for over a year and it shows very little wear.I even polish it which would destroy the plating on most others. By all means send the photos to Joshua. I'm certain that he is asking for this because some less than honest customers have requested replacements when there is no problem just to get a spare. (I am not implying that is the case here) As far as sending you the parts, that might be an acceptable solution depending on how severe your problem is. If it requires just a few screws or links to repair, your watchmaker could have it back to as new condition in no time. Joshua has a stellar reputation for his customer service so, be polite and patient and he will work with you to solve your problems. :)