When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what is an acceptable price for a new genuine submariner??

artoero

they make a sl on them or they wouldn't sell them.

Yes, but they didn't spend the time and money to obtain a Rolex dealership to engage in charity. A fat margin is part of what they bargained for. If you find that offensive that's OK but it's not really a terrible thing they're doing.

Edited by kanerich

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know what the big deal about new is though. I got my Explorer II from a friend who likes to flip watches. Paid him $2200 cash for it, no boxes or papers but 98% condition, four years old when I bought it. And yes it's real wiseguys.

With the favorable exchange rates and the plentiful supply here in Japan, you can get a very clean used SD or Sub with SEL's for well under $3000 with box and papers even from well-regarded dealers. That's certainly the way I'd go if I was in the market.

well, thanks for the comments, I understand that in the market there is more asking then products, so they can keep the price high, 5-10 % would be if I am lucky my discount...

Next question: what is my risk if I buy one from 4 years old from a respectable wachseller?

When must the watch be serviced etc etc, I am thinking about that, but for a few euro's more I have a new one, so what will you guys do? go for the new one?

You all are talking about USD, listen if a watch is 4200 USD it is in euro's 3282,00 !!

So thats the price I want to pay!! :Jumpy:

you're right.

The most shops don.t give a pennie discount.... euro 4080, et basta.

pff ok I let you know when I bought it, I show some pictures.

See you

i'm jelous, lol i want a gen tt blue sub and i should buy a used but i want a bran new one. i know exactly how you feel. i want to walk into the ad and say i want that one!!! show us some pictures when you get it home!!!

quess what....

I called some dealers in belgium and the sell the watch for 3590 euro and now I am asking for discount and he call me back in an our....

It takes me 1,5 hour drive to belgium....i am earning money.....

Please check this, this maybe is a good alteernative for the gold/steel version....!!!

http://www.speurders.nl/sieradenenaccessoi...0610rolex.98.99

succes

arthur

i'm jelous, lol i want a gen tt blue sub and i should buy a used but i want a bran new one. i know exactly how you feel. i want to walk into the ad and say i want that one!!! show us some pictures when you get it home!!!

Oh yeah, and then the most important thing:

I must go on my knees tonight and ask my girlfriend if she is ok, i am missing a little piece of money that she had to give me :Jumpy:

So guys, please let it happen! :whistling:

quess what....

I called some dealers in belgium and the sell the watch for 3590 euro and now I am asking for discount and he call me back in an our....

Please check this, this maybe is a good alteernative for the gold/steel version....!!!

succes

arthur

a terrible thing happend, i could have known when I call too belgium... :(

They gave me the price for the sub without date...... :o

so the date one would be 3900,00 euro.

So I decided to go for the date one and have no dinner for a week.... :bounce:

Let you guys know

quess what....

succes

arthur

Hi guys,

I want to buy a genuine new rolex submariner with date, what is a acceptable price?

I just ask the rolex dealer in Rotterdam- Holland and they offered me a price of 4080,00 euro.

He said that there is a real rush on this watch so he won't give me discount...

Does anybody know where I can save some money?

thanks

arthur

Prices in Italy. Rome near Piazza San Silvestro.

New not available on ordination: 4100 Euro (black) 4200 (green).

Even used only two months ready delivery a scratch: 3580 Euro (black)

Even never used delivery a scratch : 5000 euro (green first pieces)

On http://www.uhrenfreund.com/index.php

New Rolex Submariner Date ref. 16610 03/2006-03/2008 for 3595 Euro (black)

Edited by MAHLER

New not available on ordination: 4100 Euro (black) 4200 (green).

Even never used delivery a scratch : 5000 euro (green first pieces)

Sorry I have written badly

New not available on ordination: 4100 Euro (black) 5000 (green).

Even never used delivery a scratch : 4200 euro (green first pieces)

ok, but I don't like the color.....is it easy to switch the bezels?

The green has also been beaten to 9000 Euro on http://www.antiquorum.com... for me too much... if I find again the newspaper I show you the photo .

As it regards the bezel the official retailer has told me that it is not interchangeable.

Therefore who has purchased a black cannot transform it in green.

Other difference they are the bright points of different dimension between green and black.

Edited by MAHLER

New auctions on antiquorum :

LOT 236

"50th Anniversary" Rolex, “Oyster Perpetual Date, Submariner 1000ft =300m. Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified”, Ref. 16610T with green bezel. Especially made in 2003 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Submariner model, sold on November 10, 2003. Fine and rare, center-seconds, self-winding, water-resistant to 300 m, stainless steel gentleman's wristwatch with a stainless steel Rolex "Fliplock" Oyster bracelet. Accompanied by a fitted box, a Rolex anchor, and a certificate (now void).

C. Three-body, polished and brushed, screwed-down case back and crown, graduated unidirectional revolving green bezel for the decompression times, "Triplock" winding-crown protected by the "Crown Guard," sapphire crystal with "cyclops" lens. D. Black with luminous round, triangular and bâton indexes, aperture for the date. Luminous "skeleton" hands. M. Cal. 3135, rhodium-plated, "oeil-de-perdrix" decoration, 31 jewels, straight line lever escapement, monometallic balance adjusted to temperatures and 5 positions, shockabsorber, self-compensating Breguet balance spring, Microstella regulating screws, hack mechanism. Dial, case and movement signed. Diam. 40 mm. Thickness: 13 mm.

Estimate: 6,000 USD - 8,000 USD

Estimate: 5,000 EUR - 6,700 EUR

81761-30236.jpg

LOT 344

"Ref. 16610 LV “50th Anniversary” Rolex, Oyster Perpetual Date, "Submariner 1000ft =300m” Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified, Ref. 16610 LV with green bezel. Especially made in 2003 in a limited number to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the “Submariner” model. Very fine and very rare, tonneau-shaped, center-seconds, self-winding, water-resistant, stainless steel gentleman's wristwatch with stainless steel "Fliplock" Oyster bracelet. Accompanied by a fitted box, a Rolex anchor, and a certificate.

C. Three-body, polished and brushed, screwed-down case back and crown, graduated revolving green bezel for the decompression times, "Triplock" winding-crown protected by the "Crown Guard”, sapphire crystal with "cyclops" lens. D. Black with luminous round, triangular and bâton indexes, aperture for the date. Luminous "skeleton" hands. M. Cal. 3135, rhodium plated, “oeilde- perdrix” decoration, 31 jewels, straight line lever escapement, monometallic balance adjusted to temperatures and 5 positions, shock-absorber, self-compensating Breguet balance spring. Dial, case and movement signed. Diam. 40 mm. Thickness: 13 mm. Approx. overall length: 190 mm.

Estimate: 7,000 CHF - 9,000 CHF

Estimate: 4,500 108 - 5,800 108

Estimate: 5,500 USD - 7,000 USD"

81761-30237.jpg

LOT 143

"Ref. 16610T “Green Bezel” Rolex, “Oyster Perpetual Date, Submariner, 1000 ft./ 300 m., Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified”, Ref. 16610T with green bezel. Case No.F026535. Made in 2003 in a limited number, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the "Submariner" model. Fine and very rare, center seconds, self-winding, water-resistant to 1000 ft./ 300 m., stainless steel gentleman's wristwatch with a stainless steel Rolex Oyster "Fliplock" bracelet. Accompanied by the original box and certificate.

C. Three-body, polished and brushed, screwed-down case back and crown, graduated uni-directional revolving green bezel for the decompression times, "Triplock" winding-crown protected by the "Crown Guard", sapphire crystal with “cyclops" lens. D. Black with large luminous round, triangular and bâton steel indexes, outer minute/seconds divisions, aperture for the date. Luminous steel "skeleton" hands. M. Cal. 3135, rhodium plated, "oeil-de-perdrix" decoration, 31 jewels, straight line lever escapement, monometallic balance adjusted to temperatures and 5 positions, shock-absorber, selfcompensating free-sprung Breguet balance-spring, Microstella regulating screws, hack mechanism. Dial, case and movement signed. Diam. 40 mm. Thickness 13 mm.

Estimate: 5,000 CHF - 6,000 CHF

Estimate: 3,200 EUR - 4,000 EUR

Estimate: 4,000 USD - 4,700 USD"

81761-30238.jpg

LOT 601

"Ref. 16610T “Green Bezel” Rolex, “Oyster Perpetual Date, Submariner, 1000 ft./ 300 m., Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified”, Ref. 16610T with green bezel. Case No. D749985. Made in 2005. Fine and very rare, center seconds, self-winding, water-resistant to 1000 ft./300 m., stainless steel gentleman's wristwatch with a stainless steel Rolex Oyster "Fliplock" bracelet. Accompanied by the original box and certificate.

C. Three-body, polished and brushed, screwed-down case back and crown, graduated uni-directional revolving green bezel for the decompression times, "Triplock" winding-crown protected by the "Crown Guard", sapphire crystal with “cyclops" lens. D. Black with large luminous round, triangular and bâton steel indexes, outer minute/seconds divisions, aperture for the date. Luminous steel "skeleton" hands. M. Cal. 3135, rhodium plated, "oeil-de-perdrix" decoration, 31 jewels, straight line lever escapement, monometallic balance adjusted to temperatures and 5 positions, shock-absorber, self compensating free-sprung Breguet balance-spring, Microstella regulating screws, hack mechanism. Dial, case and movement signed. Diam. 40 mm. Thickness 13 mm.

Estimate: 6,000 CHF - 8,000 CHF

Estimate: 3,800 EUR - 5,000 EUR

Estimate: 4,600 USD - 6,000 USD"

81761-30239.jpg

does it realy kick asses? tell me why....

Taste, class, the usual. :D

Look at the Planet Ocean. It's cool, sure, but it's even cooler because it's Orange.

It's an understated design with a hook. If you don't get it, it's not for you, but trust me, it is classy.

allright, I got your point, I realy don't see it very often indeed...

I shall see if I can see one for real and see it on my wrist, maybe it looks soooo good :D

tomorrow I hear of I can reserve one (black) there are many many people who will want one.....

arthur

Taste, class, the usual. :D

Look at the Planet Ocean. It's cool, sure, but it's even cooler because it's Orange.

It's an understated design with a hook. If you don't get it, it's not for you, but trust me, it is classy.