When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM187 1000M Submersible

Quarks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I was informed by Ken that the pic on aspire is taken from www.etaworldgoods.com without proper authorisation from neither Ken nor watchhonpo and here is what he has to say about this:

"I just found out from the rwg.cc (under topic title "PAM187 at Aspire") and also (topic title "PAM187 1000M Submersible") that some seller is using our original photos on there web sites (http://www.aspire-eshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=992). The pam187 is developed by us and this picture should not be on other sites other then our watchhonpo and etaworldgoods. Please notified to all of the members that this seller is a potential fraud. We hate to see buyers getting swindle by sellers."

From my experience, Ken is a very standup bloke with top quality products and I understand his concerns about other sellers "stealing" pictures from his website to sell goods to other people. Ken and Watchhonpo have placed high quality standards on their watches and they stand by their products very strongly. They do not wish anyone who are NOT affliated with them to misrepresent their products by stealing pictures and posting on their own websites, misleading the members of rwg who think that the watches might have derived from Ken and watchhonpo.

Plus, from what I can gather, Paul @ Aspire hasn't been exactly a trustworthy dealer. So I would advice all of you to proceed with caution.

If you do have any further questions or quiries, kindly please email Ken via etaworldgoods.com website.

Thanks for your attention,

Quarks.

P/s. I am a customer of Ken and I am just relaying the message to you folks. What I said above is my own opinion on the matter, exclusive of the exact quotation from Ken.

What makes you think Paul will actually get it. He may but he has posted pictures of things he never got before. Take the fourth edition 1950 (i.e. the right one). :)

Well, one doesn't have to think hard to figure that abt Paul... :whistling:

What I do know, is that Jay (silixprime) is getting his stocks pretty soon, and will keep me posted on it... :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Btw kruzer00, gotten your MONSTER already?? :Jumpy::Jumpy:

Edited by coolfire

What makes you think Paul will actually get it. He may but he has posted pictures of things he never got before. Take the fourth edition 1950 (i.e. the right one). :)

he had the 4. edition, but afair its sold out! those engraved movements are very rare now, i dont think they are being produced anymore!

As promised (for you kruzer00) :) Fresh images hot off the press...

Turns out that a weighing scale is nearby and Quarks and I decided to weigh these beasters up! ;)

Quarks's PAM 187

11631-4394.jpg

sennsi's PAM 187

11631-4395.jpg

As you can see for yourselves, these PAM 187s which I initially thought was around 170grams turns out to be more than 200 grams in weight! :) No wonder I've been getting wrist-aches these few days lugging this PAM187 around.

Some more group shots!

11631-4396.jpg

11631-4397.jpg

Edited by sennsi

Well now I know how you guys afford this expensive hobby. Not everyone has a digital scale "lying around". :lol: They look great and the weight doesn't surprise me. With that size who needs brass knuckles. :)

LOL! I know what you mean but that weighing scale is strictly for cooking :) Sure would love to return back to the good ole days of "you know what" but these days, just ain't worth the risk + sanity is much more appreciated these days. :)

Edited by sennsi

Guest Watchandpen
You mean kcabesac don't you? :lol: Here are the pics from Ken's site where Quarks bought the watch:

http://www.etaworldgoods.com/panerai1.htm

As Quarks mentioned elsewhere, Ken is acting as one (or the) international rep of Watchonpo so stay tuned to his site. His prices are high but the product is good. He is relatively new and just gearing up so he will be adding stuff. He currently has limited selection but is very courteous. He does not take pp though. But in fairness, it has been quite a while since Watchonpo inventory was available using pp.

Ken is good. I bought 2 of these from him and the hands of 2 subdials fell off one of them during delivery. He replaced the latter - but the replacement suffered the same problem (albeit only one hand this time). I then had it fixed by my local repairer for £20 and Ken deducted this off my next purchase which was a Daytona (with seconds sub at 6 o'clock). His prices are not too high and are actually at times pretty competitive. :rolleyes:

Edited by Watchandpen

Yes, this watch is beast. I might do a comparison shot with the Arktos sometime.

Any chance of those shots ? the Arktos has arrived and im really liking it but decided to wait for the 187 till next month (7 new watches this month) and its driving me insane :p Keep looking at it and imagining it in 47mm