When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nobody interested in nitriding?

Spoooooonz

To do this I either need people to send me the case/bracelet of the watch minus crystal. Basically anything that will not survive a hot process needs to be removed. So in the case of a submariner the outer bezel assembly for example. I'd like to partner up with somoene who could handle the disassembly and then reassembly for customers, in instances where people don't feel confident to do it themselves.

Guest avitt

At what temperature is the process conducted? Any before/after pictures? Can this also be done to Ti (that would be even more appealing than stainless, since Titanium gathers surface scratches so easily).

At what temperature is the process conducted? Any before/after pictures? Can this also be done to Ti (that would be even more appealing than stainless, since Titanium gathers surface scratches so easily).

I think that the OP should have done this , as it is obvious not many people know or realise just what

Nitriding is.

Also , I think, that nitriding is no good for Titanium.

Abstract:

Nitriding is a surface-hardening heat treatment that introduces nitrogen into the surface of steel at a temperature range (500 to 550