When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep or Gen?

pfran42

Guys, please stop posting this kind of posts to the "General Discussion".

We have brand-specific subforums for

Rolex

Panerai

TAG Heuer

Audemars Piguet

Omega

Breitling

etc.

And it's not just this post, I've moved hundreds of these.

It's not a big deal, but moving them constantly to the correct areas gets a bit tiresome. It can't be that hard to post a Rolex-related post to the Rolex Area, right? :)

Sorry for nagging about it... carry on!

Thanks!

Like I said, no biggie. It was more like a general observation, not specially directed at you. :)

I think there are still about 1000 purely PAM-related posts in the "General Discussion" that I should move. It's beyond me why people can't post them to the correct section, which is called "The Panerai Area". :bangin:

Using the "General Discussion" is ok if people want to talk about multiple models at the same time... like "Should I choose TAG or Rolex?"

Keeping the posts in the correct subforums helps searching the forum tremendously. The worst thing that other forums have is the separate "Eyecandy" section, which is just a useless duplicate that screws up the whole search function.

PS: About the watch... very bad pic. But I think it's gen... the SEL looks good.

Personally I can't be 100% sure from one extreme angled pic.

Pearl looks good, insert sits nice, but the bezel teeth seem a little smooth. Pic is too grainy. The SEL bothers me a little, but again it could be the pic and I'm no expert.

Hard to tell from that picture. But here is a good rule of thumb to follow for pictures posted on TZ......

If the poster joined recently (08) and/or has fewer than 50 posts, the watch may be suspect. But if the poster joined in 06 or earlier and/or has 100+posts, chances are that he has posted the pic before & it passed TZ's critical eye, so it is more than likely a gen. ;)