When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vertu Ascent Ti is here!

Guest Sql_pl

Guest avitt
Good one avitt :) :) :)

I'm just having a little fun :p

Those phone's are really nice looking...But you guys in Europe are making a real compromise to own these! You have some of the best cellular networks in the world... with high speed 3G data, streaming video, and video telephony available everywhere you go!

From a technology standpoint, these Vertu clones are a huge step back in time. These things don't even have EDGE, but use GPRS for data connection. You'll be lucky to get 30 kb/s data downloads, when the standard for 3G HSDPA networks is 20-30X that speed!

I surf on my phone all the time, so this is a compromise that I couldn't make. As pretty as these things are, I think I'll stick with smart phones, like the upcoming "SEX1", reviewed here... ;)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sql_pl

Maybe you are right. But I guess not everyone is so much into hi-tec cell phones.

I use my phone for calling, text-messaging, waking me up with alarm and checking email from time to time when I do not have access to my pc.

For such purposes thisphone is more than enough... and damn sexy to boot! :)

Jon Martin - please see the picture that I posted yesterday - it shows the back of the phone with back-cover and battery out. Here is where you can see the difference between older dualband and newer triband Ascent.

Dualband has sim-slot on the right side and memory card slot on the left. Also power pins that connect with battery are located on the left side here.

Triband is the opposite - battery pins on the right (under the camera lens), sim card on the left, memory card on the right.

There are also two versions of triband as far as I know. One with serial number plate that is not engraved as deep as it should and saying Model: Consellation instead of Ti and one that is correct (like in my pic).

Hope it helped.

Hmm well based on what your saying its possible that were shipping the old dual band model and now they are shipping the 3 band model because thats what I ordered so probably they just didn't update the pics?

Guest carlsbadrolex

I guess I hadnt checked this in a couple days and started sourcing a tri-band on my own. If in fact these are tri-band then I would like to get in on the order also...

If Im too late, DAMN IT!!!!

T

It looks like the phone that Vertuclone.eu is selling is probably made by the same people that make the phone that lux-replica-phones.com is selling for $899 these are some pics that were from the review at Phonesreview.co.uk that was taken down.

The back of the case.

vertu-ascent-ti-image-13.jpg

vertu-ascent-ti-image-12.jpg

The batteries that SQL_pl brought up.

vertu-ascent-ti-image-29.jpg

vertu-ascent-ti-image-31.jpg

The pic from vertuclone.eu

vertu_ascent_ti_03.jpg

Edited by Jon Martin

Guest Sql_pl

Guys I am located in EU but I am not a dealer.

I just happened to find these phones and a good dealer who asked me to take care of taking orders and forwarding him money via escrow.

I am not making any money here and I do not take care of shipments etc - phones are Quality Controlled and shipped directly from my dealer via EMS.

I do not have any catalog or anything and I wish to stick ONLY to this one model because I have already got one and I and you know what we can expect. I do not wish to have any troubles when somebody orders different model simply because I do not know how well it is finished and what this person might get. Hope you understand.

Guest Sql_pl

Some good news for people who ordered it!

They are all being QC'd right now and will be ready to be shipped out asap, probably tomorrow like I informed you earlier.

Here are two pictures that I just got from the dealer to prove that all phones shipped will be the newest tri-band Ascent:

ascent1bm1.jpg

ascent2qh1.jpg

Check the serial number plate - the same as in my Vertu.

I already told you that dealer will include car-charger for free in this deal.

Now I have some more good news. He will also throw 1 GB memory card into each cell-phone for free!

Will update you all as soon as I get more info.

Thanks!

don't really care for phones as long as they work so i asked the boss if she'd like a Vertu ... unfortunately she's still stuck on the iPhone

damned Apple mktg ! B)

Buy your a "boss" :) the "I am Rich Application" :give_rose:

"

Described as a work of art with no hidden function at all, a new $999.99 iPhone application has appeared on the App Store. I Am Rich by Armin Heinrich does very little despite its exorbitant price tag, displaying a screen with a red jewel and an info button that can be clicked to show a secret mantra that may help you to stay rich, healthy, and successful. It is unclear why Apple chose to approve an application that costs so much and does so little, but I Am Rich may further elucidate the nature of Apples software review procedures.

"

Does nothing.. only show's to people that you can afford it....

rich_2.jpg

Reading this topic with lot of interest. I would love to have a Vertu, they are so beautiful, but I use 3G everyday so for me it will be a downgrade with the technique. I use a Nokia N95 for almost a year now and will probably upgrade to Samsung Omnia i900 in a few weeks (when it comes out)

btw: I've found a shop where you can buy them for $415. Do not know if quality is the same as the 1 from sql, so i should order his one, but it's nice to watch pics :D

http://www.soundasia.cn/html/category/class_22.html

Guest avitt
Reading this topic with lot of interest. I would love to have a Vertu, they are so beautiful, but I use 3G everyday so for me it will be a downgrade with the technique.

Agreed...Wouldn't it be awesome if they would shove a modern 3G radio into one of these Vertu shells? Now that's something I would spend my money on...

Anyway, I'm encouraging people to buy these clones...It just means more bandwidth for me!!! :lol:

Guest Mr Jones

What I ask my asian friends they told me that this is 4-band [GSM850/GSM900/GSM1800/1900] not 3-band phone with Sapphire Crystal, Bluetooth and no SymbianOS, no UMTS [3G].

New model from Shenzhen area.