When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vertu Ascent Ti is here!

Guest Sql_pl

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW nice one!

May I ask how much did you pay for it? You can PM me in case you prefer to keep it in private.

Spent quite some money on a Nokia 8800 Arte... would I had known about this and would have gotten this one instead....

I would love to get one of these! They look sooo sleek!

PLease share your dealer contact details :))

WOW nice one!

May I ask how much did you pay for it? You can PM me in case you prefer to keep it in private.

Spent quite some money on a Nokia 8800 Arte... would I had known about this and would have gotten this one instead....

I would love to get one of these! They look sooo sleek!

PLease share your dealer contact details :))

Please take the time to read thru this thread. Lotsa information on here. ;)

Paul, thanks for your kind words. It's really appreciated.

Guys I had a look at vertuclones website that was mentioned above and have to say the phone looks pretty similar BUT it is not the same!

They say their phone has memory for up to 300 numbers - in mine I already have over 400 and it shows 4XX/1000 so it definately has memory for 1000 contacts.

What is more please have a look at the back of the phone - somhow I could not steal their pic but you can see it there.

For comparison here is a pic of my phone:

backvb9.jpg

You can see that sim-card and memory card slots are in different positions. Also the model name, number etc plate seems to be engraved nicer in mine. Battery also is different, in their pics it is black while my phone came with two gray batteries - I believe gen comes with such grey ones.

I also think leather might look better in mine but I guss this might vary.

Let's wait and see what Jon Martin gets.

Thanks!

I have looked at the pics you say... and when clicking on a single one to maximize it opens on a new window and the website link is to "soundasia". This is another website that sells replica phones but looks not at all like vertuclone.eu

I am quite discouraged personally to get it from this site now after seeing this pic...

From lux phnes they come very expensive, and might even be from the same producer...

I have looked at the pics you say... and when clicking on a single one to maximize it opens on a new window and the website link is to "soundasia". This is another website that sells replica phones but looks not at all like vertuclone.eu

I am quite discouraged personally to get it from this site now after seeing this pic...

From lux phnes they come very expensive, and might even be from the same producer...

Thats because the pictures that vertuclone.eu has on their site is old or outdated because I got the same phone that Sql_pl recieved even though the pics on their site showed something different. I believe there is only one maker imo.

Guest Sql_pl

Great pics Jon!

I really love the phone too.

So now we see we have two options as they seem to deliver same phones - you can get them from Vertuclones or from my dealer.

I am still getting some more for other members so if you feel you're interested at $440.00 shipped with additional car-charger and 1 GB memory card free - just PM me.

Thanks!

these phones look amazing I agree, but did anyone take time to consider safety with these? I have read several accounts of people getting seriously injured by exploading or leaking batteries in replica electronic devices, cell phones in specific.safety is not these guys first priority at all. the same people that brought us leathal toothpaste and dog food, and lead toys for our kids, and with genuine cell phones having problems with radiation anyway.... I just wonder.

That is a thought I guess but I think all the guys that get these need to be aware of theft! This type of crime is getting more serious in the UK and even though it is fake the robber will not know this and may try and remove it with force!

Be careful where you flash it about guys!

Aaach, you can all keep your Vertu's, rep or not.

If you want luxury metal bricks, in the words of a B-list French actor weilding a sword...."there can be only one" :)

Love it or (most probably if you're like me) hate it, you can't ignore it.

tagheuermeridiistphoneot3.jpg

Weak before I buy that I'd buy a GEN Vertu at least it has 3G and a better camera along with Vertu Concierge service. Tag is crazy they should quit while they're ahead lol.

Has anyone been able to confirm that the phone works on 3G network (ATT?)

@John - you seem to have ATT as your carrier, does it work on 3G network?

They'll work on AT&T's GSM network, but they won't go to 3G, because they don't support WCDMA (3G). With 3 bands, you'll be able to use these things in most places for GSM voice calls, or for data access at GPRS speeds (generally 15-30K).

Aaach, you can all keep your Vertu's, rep or not.

If you want luxury metal bricks, in the words of a B-list French actor weilding a sword...."there can be only one" :)

Love it or (most probably if you're like me) hate it, you can't ignore it.

tagheuermeridiistphoneot3.jpg

Sorry, but don`t really get your point here...

Sorry, but don`t really get your point here...

Well I'll explain then shall I?

This is a thread about Vertu, specifically rep versions - Maciek started this thread as he was looking into something 'above and beyond' the Nokia 8800 series, more luxury. This offering from LMVH is aimed squarely at that sector, and given what this forum is all about, I thought it relevant to post as it may stimulate discussion further, open the context up. That's after all what this place is all about. Not just a marketplace for people to post pages of "ordered mine but got no tracking yet" posts. That ok with you? Good good, carry on.....

Well I'll explain then shall I?

This is a thread about Vertu, specifically rep versions - Maciek started this thread as he was looking into something 'above and beyond' the Nokia 8800 series, more luxury. This offering from LMVH is aimed squarely at that sector, and given what this forum is all about, I thought it relevant to post as it may stimulate discussion further, open the context up. That's after all what this place is all about. Not just a marketplace for people to post pages of "ordered mine but got no tracking yet" posts. That ok with you? Good good, carry on.....

C mon rock.. don t get excited here.

I was just asking because I did not know if you were referring to a different brand than Vertu... and I thought Vertu was from the same Nokia not from LVMH..

And I completely agree about stimulating discussion, but a bit more clarity might help to understand a post without having to read the whole tread again...

Nice phone but the specs for the upcoming Samsung Omnia i900 are much better...

Great phone, but I wouldn't say the specs are "much better"...

The Samsung is squarely an iphone replacement, with 8 or 16 gig of memory, and the same form factor. It clearly has a better camera, at 5MP...But the display is significantly inferior (240x400 vs. 480x800 on the X1), and you give up the keyboard.

I would prefer the X1 for business use..different strokes for different folks ;)

Great phone, but I wouldn't say the specs are "much better"...

The Samsung is squarely an iphone replacement, with 8 or 16 gig of memory, and the same form factor. It clearly has a better camera, at 5MP...But the display is significantly inferior (240x400 vs. 480x800 on the X1), and you give up the keyboard.

I would prefer the X1 for business use..different strokes for different folks ;)

As far as I can see (correct me if i'm wrong) the X1 has no internal GPS and no Symbian or Windows mobile OS, that's important for me. So I prefer the Samsung for my business :D

As far as I can see (correct me if i'm wrong) the X1 has no internal GPS and no Symbian or Windows mobile OS, that's important for me. So I prefer the Samsung for my business :D

It's got both an internal GPS, and Windows Mobile 6.1. The camera is the only significant advantage to the Samsung (and I haven't seen a phone camera yet which replaces the functionality of a dedicated camera).

..coolfire is right...we should probably start another topic to discuss true high-end phones.