When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This was James from Bestswiss

Guest mrshuma

I have told this story before but here goes again......the day before I found the real rep forums I went ahead and bought a TT black sub from Best Swiss. I would say we are talking 3-4 years ago. NOW that I know what I am looking at what I have is a TT TW Best. Quality is very good and it is still running and telling time to this very day. SOON it will be modded if I can find someone who can do the job well that is. I do have to say that the links, bezel and crown have not in any way tarnished. The end links are plated gold and even they look good with an occasional black smudge forming that is easily polished away. The way everything has held up it could very well be solid gold but cant tell you for sure. I paid $975 bucks which of course is a huge rip off but its a very nice TW best. Also if anything goes wrong forget it. I tried to contact them to ask a few questions about the product. I always got that "the watchmaker is away so call back next week". Of course he is never available. So anyone reading this ...they are a rip off and there is no reason to waste your money.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall that a comment was made in a recent thread that "frank and open discussion" was the best way to sort out the CURRENT trustworthiness of dealers. This guy is just being slammed for the same sort of "white lies" that are accepted from other, more trusted, dealers.

Has anyone had recent dealings that they can point to as proof... one way or the other?

Guest mrshuma

The watches on our site are just the stock pics, we have an additional online catalog that has more detail pics.

TW Best is what we have IN STOCK IN THE USA and they are mainly in TT or All GOLD. As some posters have already

stated these watches are BETTER QUALITY then what is coming out of China. The GOLD IS REAL GOLD not plated.

What you are not understanding is, it takes alot of money UPFRONT to purchase lots of quantity and then

we have to get the STOCK INSIDE the USA. Bottom line is there aren't many dealers ANYWHERE that have

stock inside the USA.

If anyone has seen the TW Best quality then they know what I am talking about.

Point being Josh and Andrew are not the only suppliers out there.

I recall that a comment was made in a recent thread that "frank and open discussion" was the best way to sort out the CURRENT trustworthiness of dealers. This guy is just being slammed for the same sort of "white lies" that are accepted from other, more trusted, dealers.

Has anyone had recent dealings that they can point to as proof... one way or the other?

i only want to see the pictures that prove that it is a tw best and talk about real worth, thats all. if he has these watches in stock it should only be a matter of minutes before he can fulfill my request. i am not slamming him in any way shape or form. :)

The watches on our site are just the stock pics, we have an additional online catalog that has more detail pics.

TW Best is what we have IN STOCK IN THE USA and they are mainly in TT or All GOLD. As some posters have already

stated these watches are BETTER QUALITY then what is coming out of China. The GOLD IS REAL GOLD not plated.

What you are not understanding is, it takes alot of money UPFRONT to purchase lots of quantity and then

we have to get the STOCK INSIDE the USA. Bottom line is there aren't many dealers ANYWHERE that have

stock inside the USA.

Dude, you aren't helping your cause, why don't you tell us some more about those gen dials.

Guest mrshuma

stock inside the USA.

Also for the poster who said the watch had open 6 and 9's well the Taiwan ones have been perfected with closed 6 and

9's.

Also for the poster who said the watch had open 6 and 9's well the Taiwan ones have been perfected with closed 6 and

9's.

since my tt dj has a t swiss t dial the open 6 and 9 is correct for it. like i said, it is a rep of a late 70's/80's tt dj. trust me bother, just show us the pictures and we will tell you what you have.

Wounder if he dared to post this at RWI or RG (Its up at RGW!)? Think I'll have a looky.

Col.

i didn't see it but if he has i will go over there and ask my questions if you guys want me to. i am just curious as to exactly what he has and exactly what it takes to buy it from him. i can always get tw best but i will deal with someone in this country if the money is right.

Guest mrshuma

give me a day or 2 and I will post pictures of the TT SUB especially the bracelet so you can see the thicker links.

as I said one better, I will send a watch to the admin for further inspection.

Some of the newer TW watches were using real aftermarket ROLEX dials this was quoted directly from the people

we are buying from overseas.

My very first exposure to the Replica World was in early 2005...

It was your site...

You almost had me for $1,800.00 for a Rep Daytona than could of been purchased right here for $380.00...

"James" - Blow Me!

Ken & By-Tor have been much more nicer than I would of been had I been signed on earlier...

:popcorn:

TT

Guest mrshuma

about the marketing aspect regarding swiss jewelers, etc.

There are swiss jewelers in Asia and a watch only has to have 90% swiss parts

to be considered "swiss made" Even Rolex outsources from Thailand.

most people who buy these watches do not post or read these forums.

people call and ask for 27 jewel and in 10 years of business I have never had anyone call

back to complain that they didn't receive a 27 jewel movement. 25 or 27 its really a moot point.

My point is "swiss grade 1" and "swiss replica" are simply a grading system that is widely accepted by most newbie buyers

because of sites such as replicacenter who are receiving thousands of hits per day.

I agree that some of it gets out of hand but its a competitive business so most sites simply follow one another.

We have always accepted escrow as we are confident in what we sell and the quality is the best on what is available

on the marketplace. Whether you agree or not offering escrow and credit card gives the buyer a great sense

of comfort. As for the person who mentioned paypal, that is an entirely different story go read paypalsucks.com

Paypal is not a dependable system especially for sellers.

Guest mrshuma

Two-tone give me a break $380 for a real valjoux movement when it sells for more then that?

All our daytonas have real valjoux movements and have always had..

most people who buy these watches do not post or read these forums.

people call and ask for 27 jewel and in 10 years of business I have never had anyone call

back to complain that they didn't receive a 27 jewel movement. 25 or 27 its really a moot point.

My point is "swiss grade 1" and "swiss replica" are simply a grading system that is widely accepted by most newbie buyers

because of sites such as replicacenter who are receiving thousands of hits per day.

I agree that some of it gets out of hand but its a competitive business so most sites simply follow one another.

So in one breath you admit that most of your sales claims are full of [censored], and in the next we're supposed to buy this:

All our daytonas have real valjoux movements and have always had..

Guest mrshuma

ban me for what? for telling the truth?

Why is it so hard to believe that real valjoux movements are being put into Daytonas?

go to Josh's very own website he has about 17 watches on there with real valjoux movements?

Its very easy to do, you can buy the movement from OFREI or CASKOR and have it installed by

any jeweler.

All our daytonas have had real valjoux movements.

And regarding the genuine dials, some of the TW Best replicas were coming with aftermarket rolex dials