When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My PO

sssurfer

Allright -- or, more precisely, everything but allright. My holidays failed in less than 24 hours thanks to some thieves who tried to break open my apartement's door.

In order to get myself distracted, I thought to take and post a few shots of my newborn PO. Here they go:

86885002fs9.jpg

56281320iu2.jpg

A front pic to appreciate the He valve placement and logo:

62980648pa7.jpg

Logo detail:

logokt9.jpg

Caseback:

backfz8.jpg

Detail of that small number on a lug back, that experts take in so high esteem and I don't even know what it is:

numberem2.jpg

Clasp:

clasprk9.jpg

In the end, the unavoidable wristshot:

wristshotxa1.jpg

I am no expert on Omega, let alone on PO.

What do you think of it? :)

Wait... 4th gen is 42mm. That's a 45 (the date is farther away from the 3 o'clock marker).

Yes of course, my mistake... this is UPO of course... I should have noticed the pearl and HEV. This probably just reminded me of my old 4th Gen Orange. :D

Even nicer.

It must be a gen !!

Boy I feel stupid... I'm getting sloppy. :D

I guess this proves how good the reps have become. I was just watching the gap between SEL and the bracelet last link all the time in this photo.

56281320iu2.jpg

Wow, folks, I feel honoured! If even the experts wonder about this watch, I am reassured I did a god job (and your reviews helped quite a bit, By-Tor, thanks!).

Everything but the dial comes from this watch. Asian movement, 174 USD -- but I got it @140 USD as I bought a few other pieces in that same row.

The logo comes from this dial from Silix. I bought the dial only. A little expensive (can't remember exactly, but it was between 40 and 50 USD), but to my knowledge it was the only way to get a correct logo.

The dial, with exception for the logo, I bought it 2nd-hand from a member here. Between the 3 dials I now could choose from (the one that came with the watch, the one from Silix, and this one), this was the better looking in some details, especially the numbers' serif.

Again, I cannot remember exactly how much I paid for it, but I seem to remember 25 USD.

In the end, I paid 140+50+25 = 215 USD, to get a PO that -- even if Asian powered -- is appreciated by the experts. I feel honoured. :)

Btw, it is also waterproof (tested by my watchsmith), I can swim with it.

Now I am just left with two dials that I should put to good use... :g::lol:

Thanks for your opinions, fellows!

About the thieves... also thanks for your understanding... Fortunately no, they did not manage to enter my home... :sweatdrop:... or I would never see both my collection and pets again. :cold:

...They "just" ruined my door and my holiday. :blowup:

Thanks, triplehd.

Glad you enjoyed the old country & city, sorry I missed to arrange a meeting with you. Got a few troubles recently, that thieves' attempt was just the latter. :(

Did you let that beauty go, By-Tor?

An Omega fan & expert like you??? :blink:

Looking at your pics I even wonder if I did the correct choice by picking up the orange one...

Yep... I never liked how it sat on my wrist. Too big and clumsy... I'd love to get a 42mm version with 2XAR and all that... but apparently they're not doing it.

I just bought a gen GMT Master II so I'm out of cash... but PO 42mm might be my next gen, who knows...

Yep... I never liked how it sat on my wrist. Too big and clumsy...

Oh well, here is where being a PAM lover comes handy... after wearing those 47mm monsters on my 17cm wrist, a 45mm PO is no shame. :lol:

It wasn't just the actual size, I have a '8 wrist but it was the combination of the bracelet and how it "sat" on my wrist... it was always somehow "unbalanced", imho.

I have other big watches, like the SFSO which doesn't have this problem at all. I can't really explain it... maybe the black PO just looked a bit "plain"... orange could have been better choice.

Hmm... that being said... does anyone have a orange UPO for sale with 2XAR? :D

It wasn't just the actual size, I have a '8 wrist but it was the combination of the bracelet and how it "sat" on my wrist... it was always somehow "unbalanced", imho.

I have other big watches, like the SFSO which doesn't have this problem at all. I can't really explain it...

On a 8" wrist, it's not because you have a wrist not big enough that's for sure, I think it's because you have a "round" top wrist, and the lug tip on the Omega are straight, but lug tip on the SFSO are falling down on each side, so it fit better on "round" wrist. Just my hypothesis, make sens?

It's the good old 4th Gen PO = quite nice.

Check my review section, there's an old writeup of this rep.

Congrats!

DUDE your a MOD - just edit all the posts and put the correct comment in your first post!!!!!

if you can't abuse mod power for this - then whats all the hard work and hookers for?

DUDE! SSS - are you ok? were you home? or did you find it later - i have that nightmare where i go check the door to see if its locked and at te same minute a robber dude tries to open it and we struggle

Crazy thing is this happened for real one time to me - except it was my wife coming home late - freaked me out.

but that dream sucks

DUDE! SSS - are you ok? were you home? or did you find it later

Oh Pho, thanks, I am ok.

I was just arrived to my holidays place -- 7 hours car travel away.

My mobile rang. It was my home security alarm awakened by the thieves at my door (as in my country we unfortunately cannot kill intruders, we have to rely on alarm systems).

I had to quit my holidays and run back home.

On my way back, I got blocked on the speedway because of a three truck accident. A 3 hours stop with no chance to even pee, as the New Jersey barrier on a side, and the guard rail on the opposite side, prevented anyone from even walking out of the speedway.

Fortunately I am quite strong with my bladder, but my wife isn't, and I can assure you it was no good time. :angry2:

So, after a 10+ hours drive, at 4:00 AM we came back to our home to find our door half violated.

Now we are interned at home, waiting for the blacksmith who should come tomorrow.

Fortunately there are computers and RWG... :D