When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Macbook Air

slay

Just got a Macbook Air today... well, its okay, but 90% is hype if you ask me. I think its still heavy for its size and the battery sucks. I get like 3.5 hours out of it (while on wlan), thats ridiculous!

What are your Macbook Air experiences?

it has a 1.6ghz ultra low voltage cpu, and no graphics accelerator, i expect something around 7hours!

my 4 year old centrino notebook with 1.4ghz cpu (that takes much more power) and ati radeon 9700 graphics card had 4hrs already!

Battery life will extend once you use it several times. Mac air is nice if you're just using it for word, surfing, etc.

thats what I need it for :) which was the reason why I got a Macbook Air and not a Powerbook. I dont need a graphics accelerator and 20something Ghz and 400GB Harddrive.

I still have an iMac and Dropbox lets me share everything between them, so I think I'm all set. Just a bit dissapointed, because I was expecting a bit more.

I must say, I only bought it, because I paid 700 less than retail, so it was a good deal. I wont get the same deal on one of the next gen Macbooks!

Well, Leonovo and Envy are nice and all, but they dont run OS X :) :)

The other thing that really bugs me about the Air: I cant eat while on my laptop anymore!! I'm just too scared to make smudges on the keyboard or trackpad... :D:lol:

Well, Leonovo and Envy are nice and all, but they dont run OS X :) :)

The other thing that really bugs me about the Air: I cant eat while on my laptop anymore!! I'm just too scared to make smudges on the keyboard or trackpad... :D:lol:

Um..yes they can. If you know what you are doing. When Apple moved to Intel they opened the floodgates, you can download OSX for Intel PCs if you know where to look. I have a Dell desktop running OSX.

wow.. thats quite a deal. how did u manage that?

eBay :D It was basically brand new!

Um..yes they can. If you know what you are doing. When Apple moved to Intel they opened the floodgates, you can download OSX for Intel PCs if you know where to look. I have a Dell desktop running OSX.

I know, I know, but its way too buggy if you ask me. I wouldnt reccomend it ;)

ehehe i get 6h+ on wlan using now my old thinkpad x60 ... i cant wait to upgrade to x200 ... regarding the mackbook air its well trash haha sorry coud not help myself ... love the mac os X do that is sweet!

Laz

blah blah blah :D

better mail me which dial you would like on your watch, the others are waiting for you haha ;)