When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to find the best replica of Planet Ocean?

mdredfox8

First of all, welcome! You better check out many things about the UPO that you don't get dissapointed (normally you won't!)

If you are in the EU, you can go with Homer, Narikaa, Precious Time, Eurotimez, Silix, ...

If you are outside EU, you can go with Josh, Andrew or...

But like said before, first check out the Omega section and read some reviews/articles about the UPO. Then check out the dealer section ;)

kind regards

Order!!!

I have orderd the UPO from PureTime.

Planet Ocean 45mm Ultimate Edition (UPO)(Swiss ETA-2824-2 automatic movement, black dial orange numbers, orange bezel, steel bracelet.

I am looking forward to take a real look on this one.....

I will tell you on the forum how the quality is. ( I have a real Omega Seamster 007)

Thanks for the help on the forum, so I got the best replica of the Planet Ocean....

Regards!!

Just my .02cents, bought UPO 45m Black Bezel, Swiss ETA with both rubber strap and SS bracelet from Ruby and received it about 10 days ago. I own a Gen SMP Chrono so am very aware of quality of Omega Gens and hadn't found a Omega rep (until now) that I would even give a second look at.

That being said - I can't take the UPO off my wrist. Its one of the best reps out there for sure. Even impressed by the bracelet and crystal which is a typical tell of omega reps. The lume is impressive (for a rep, but can't hold a candle to the gen). This is the first rep I've owned where I could wear it to bed and wake up in the middle of the night and tell time and you notice the lume when you walk from a bright room to a dark room. It keeps better time than my GEN SMP Chrono out of the box did (however I just got it back from factory service and its VERY accurate now (as good as the UPO :) ). Weight and feel are quality.

Second hand sweep is smooth. I had it tested for waterproof at my local watchsmith and no leaks. Went swimming/hot tub - absolutly no issues at all. Personally its so good that I couldn't really imagine spending the money for a Gen. I'd probably rather just spend another 400 on mods, if so inclined, and call it a day :) with a 700 dollar investment versus almost 3k for the gen and never look back.

Since it takes factory parts, the Mod option (to me) adds a certain long term value. I'm very happy out of the box, but should this watch start to pass the test of time on my wrist (and I didn't have other reps that I wanted to buy), I could see doing a couple mods to take some of the issues out and deliver a very close to Gen product.

Personally these are the mods I would consider in the order of how much the issues bother me (which is not much honestly):

Gen dial/hands (fixes omega logo feet, lume and quality upgrade. LUME is the big reason to do this for me...gen omega lume is unreal)

Gen bezel (fixes pearl issue (mine came through with a nice one, but lume pearl would need to be done if your going to do gen hands/dial))

Gen crystal. Crystal it comes with is pretty good, but the Gen crystal is perfect (obviously).

You can even add gen bracelet or strap. I bought both, but dont like the way the ss braclet looks - nothing to do with the quality of the rep, its great but i just dont like the style. The rep rubber strap is spot on, cant imagine replacing for gen.

Hope this helps - obviously there are many other reviews out there so enjoy the research. This is a rep where doing the research, reading the posts, enjoying the pictures and browsing the dealers is a ton of fun, which culminates in the moment you open your shipment after reading all the gushing posts and beautiful pictures, and then pull it out of the box and mummer (as I did) OH F*UCK YEAH!!!! :)

I can recommend Ruby without hesitation - she is slightly slower than some others, but AWESOME to get a picture of the actual watch before shipping so you can look it over and also guarantees to resend another watch if its caught in customs. Which is nice. And the price was right.

I wear a 45.5 and my wrist is skinnyish.

The day a 42mm PO as good as the UPO gets released is the day I give up my 45.5mm

How skinny is your wrist? I can wrap my middle finger around my wrist and touch my thumb. :p

Also, I heard the 42.5mm PO is almost as good as the 45mm. It just has a few small details missing. I don't think anyone would be able to spot those differences unless they had seen POs in the past.

Edited by sayan