When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Summer Sunrise

lanikai

it's a slow week on the board sooooo... have a look at how I end my work day ... watching the Sunrise at the Mid-Pacific CC in Lanikai

It was pretty dark until the the sun broke the Horizon in the first pic.....

Ready to Tee off at 5:45 am..

sunrise2hz8.jpg

sunriseex4.jpg

Nice photos! We're in the 40s now and winter is coming back quickly... Not soon enough for me though!

spurr_sm.jpg

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Winter succccccckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss =@

Winters gotta be better then a 3 minute tan and insta-sweat. Welcome to Tampa, check your hydration at the door.

fack if I can even wear a PAM 8 mo. out of the year. I'm not breaking a sweat in a $100+ strap.

Weird to consider its already cold somewhere, Nanuq. We kid about surviving in AK...

24hrs in the everglades is a challenge even for the gators. :D

Can't find it in me to feel sorry for you Lani. :p

Awesome Lani...I'm jealous. Your islands are some of the most beautiful places on the planet.

My avitar is a sunrise over Poipu beach on Kauai in '06. I got lucky as a surfer was heading out as I was shooting. Hard to see him at the water line in the small pick though.

I see you're making time to use your new DSLR. Be careful, I've spent thousands on that hobby...It's as addicting as the watch hobby (If not more). :D

EDIT - adding a bigger version of my avi.

bf463cb5.jpg

Awesome Lani...I'm jealous. Your islands are some of the most beautiful places on the planet.

My avitar is a sunrise over Poipu beach on Kauai in '06. I got lucky as a surfer was heading out as I was shooting. Hard to see him at the water line in the small pick though.

I see you're making time to use your new DSLR. Be careful, I've spent thousands on that hobby...It's as addicting as the watch hobby (If not more). :D

bf463cb5.jpg

The surf spot is called "Acid Drop" for a very good reason.. primo surf spot !!

the rip curent is deadly... be careful not to wonder too far offshore the next time you visit .. sharks abound.. and the rip will sweep you out to sea in a heartbeat

btw that was with my blackberry phone camera.. I don't carry my Nikon around.. just gotta hold it like a handgun ... the pics are pretty decent..

Nice photos! We're in the 40s now and winter is coming back quickly... Not soon enough for me though!

spurr_sm.jpg

40's ?? .. yikes .. your summer climate... Nanuq it would be cool if you coud arrange a trip to the Big Island.. the worlds premiere Telescope and Haleakala.. ( house of the Sun) on maui.. it looks like another Planet on the top.... their getting ready to build a bigger scope on Mauna Kea.. but something about enviornmentalist.. sheesh if not for science etc. etc. must be a slow protest year for them.. they gotta pick on the bonafide researchers.. :rolleyes:

Damn you guys!!!! I already miss hawaii! ( have not even been 6 month..)

lani, you know where this is ;)

2kfm8.jpg

1kit8.jpg

Edited by mil_sub

Hey mil...I just realized I have a shot of the same beach taken from a sunset catamaran cruise (but I like your's better):

4a42d52b.jpg

But my favorite shot from that excursion is a little abstract. I didn't have the right equipment to freeze motion of these dolphins, but I decided to hang over the bow and shoot anyway. This was the only decent shot, but I love it. I like how there a couple of drops that are sharp and in focus, but everything else is motion blurred:

e9e223ff.jpg