When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMTIIc mags .. DID you remit payment to CT ?

lanikai

EDIT ADD:

8/12/08... All mags were sent out express mail today so they should be in Cali earliest .. tomorrow... all those who have not remitted payment to Chjief better do so or the mags will be sent back to me.. and needles to say if I have to go through the issue of mailing them to you it will be a 10.00 usd charge or you'll loose your mag... (hopefully the default fee is a deterent) .. so get the payment out by the end of the week Boy's !!

Almost ready to ship out !!!

the last problem to the mags "was" the UV glue... now any residuals on the back of the mags would probably not be a problem.. if not for the AR being applied so .. it seems logical to need the back of the mag to be clean of "all" paricles no matter how minute..

I used a very volitale highly toxic subsatnce.. so much so that all areas of exposed skin needs to be covered and safety glasses worn.. in fact a small speck got through my bandana on my face ... it felt like a pin puncturing the skin..

So for this reason I will keep from posting what I used... for safety as much as for "misuse" of it.. it will strip paint or epoxy in a second if applied .. so for obvious reasons just know that it did the trick.. here is the finished product.. only other problem is that there is just 29 more to go.. but it should go out to Chief beggining of the week..

The residue after the test run ...

grahamblackknight054yf5.jpg

after seeing the unslightly residue.. and looking at the mags that were removed.. in certain light the residue is evident.. tried soaking it in acetone.. but it was still there.. so resorted to another solvent..

now there may be a faster simpler way that I don't know about .. but this seemed to have done the trick

mags002ma9.jpg

The specs you see are reflections from the strobe and the larger intrusions is background reflections

almost there..

Aloha~Cheers

R

mags001nu7.jpg

Superb,

Keep up the good work. soon there will lots of happy GMTIIc owners. now the question who will installed it back. I guess my will have to go to ziggy's Spa

I don't think Ziggy does AR crystal anymore... The UV glue won't set until it is exposed to a UV light fixture or the Sun.. it says it will start bonding in 20 seconds.. with firm bonding in a few minutes and the excess can be cleaned with acetone or alcohol.. an exacto knife should do the trick

highoeyazmuhudee Posted Today, 03:39 PM

brake fluid might work well for removing residue, as it can strip paint pretty quickly . there are certain DOT numbers that are abrasive

I managed to get the back surface clear of any particles... it now needs to be put in the ultrasonic so no residue will hinder the coating.. that's Chiefs Turf.. now I just hope the AR takes.. B)