When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally!

By-Tor

CGs need reshaped. :p

Excellent, excellent watch. It will be my first gen, but I don't know when I'm going to get around to it. There should be a period in a couple years where the newest "classic" GMTIIs take a back seat to used GMTIICs on the market. Then I shall pounce on the lower market price. B)

There should be a period in a couple years where the newest "classic" GMTIIs take a back seat to used GMTIICs on the market. Then I shall pounce on the lower market price. B)

Thanks for the compliments man. :)

But regarding the value... you're completely wrong if you think the prices will drop, and the history proves it. The 16710 prices are going to skyrocket. Ask any Rolex reseller... 1675 prices have increased 150% in merely a year... and while the sapphire models aren't as "collectible" yet, the 16710 is still out of production it will increase in value, rapidly.

This is already apparent when you go to Ebay and compare the prices to what they were 6 months ago, but I predict in 3-4 years the prices are going up a lot. And that's exactly why I bought mine now. Same applies to the classic 16600 and 16570.

Thanks for the compliments man. :)

But regarding the value... you're completely wrong if you think the prices will drop, and the history proves it. The 16710 prices are going to skyrocket. Ask any Rolex reseller... 1675 prices have increased 150% in merely a year... and while the sapphire models aren't as "collectible" yet, the 16710 is still out of production it will increase in value, rapidly.

This is already apparent when you go to Ebay and compare the prices to what they were 6 months ago, but I predict in 3-4 years the prices are going up a lot. And that's exactly why I bought mine now. Same applies to the classic 16600 and 16570.

I will defer to you on the history/pricing. There's certainly an initial reaction to it being OOP, prices go up, but my feeling is they will calm down after a little while. A 150% jump for now may only be a 125% in a year or so (when the initial OOP fever dissipates) - I certainly never expect it to go down below or even return to previous levels. I just think there's a window I need to watch for in about a year's time. :g:

What a good feeling it brings to see a fellow member get his grail watch.

I know you will appreciate it as much as anyone could. Wear it in good health B! :D

Couldn't agree more. Nobody more deserving to have this fine timepiece.

Beauty BT, Congrats on the arrival :thumbsupsmileyanim: