When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

And Here Comes The Next Generation - Strap Changing System

Watchmeister

Folks may have already discovered this but here is the first I have seen of the recent Panerai gen upgrades on reps. The first rep with the new strap changing system. I suspect the new deployant buckle will not be far behind.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=80142&hl=

Just when we thought Panerai reps were down for the count. :)

Pretty cool, but the watch on the link is still missing another new feature...The roller CG lever.

Notice on Rolli's pix the end of the lever where it contacts the crown? I would love to see that on a rep probably more so than the quick release strap, but that would mean they would have to get the crown/CG mounting correct at the factory. I have never had a PAM rep that didn't need some massaging to get it right.

I'd really like to see both new features before I'd buy.

Gen owners seemed to be reporting a lot of problems with the strap changing system, e.g. the lock not engaging and pins slipping out from the case while being worn (although I had a gen PAM 48 where it worked perfectly). If Richemont couldn't get it right, I worried that the rep factories won't either.

Gen owners seemed to be reporting a lot of problems with the strap changing system, e.g. the lock not engaging and pins slipping out from the case while being worn (although I had a gen PAM 48 where it worked perfectly). If Richemont couldn't get it right, I worried that the rep factories won't either.

Nah... that just means our malfunctioning, complete lack of QC pams will be just *that* much closer to gen. When you watch falls off your wrist because the pin slipped... just say "damn Richemont and their lack of quality control"!