When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Paris Limited Edition

condemore

The ROO and the rep RO chrono are both 42 mm (excluding crown). They are the same size....the oracle strap fits perfectly on both models. The RO chrono is inaccurate in that the rep factory just used a ROO case to make the watch. As stated the gen is only 40 mm.

The ROO and the rep RO chrono are both 42 mm (excluding crown). They are the same size....the oracle strap fits perfectly on both models. The RO chrono is inaccurate in that the rep factory just used a ROO case to make the watch. As stated the gen is only 40 mm.

Thanks Bosk for clearing that up. Enjoy the watch!

• 1 year later...

Hi Plai!

So this was your announced AP rep purchase :)

And yes, i like this model much!!

Maybe there will be sometime a more accurate Rep -

beautiful piece!

Post some pics bro.

George

Sure there will never be a more accurate version of this model. To begin with, this GEN model is a Royal Oak Chrono. To my knowledge there are no accurate Royal Oak chrono models that have been repped, principally because of the subdial spacing and running seconds should be at 6 o'clock. Secondly the genuine Royal Oak chronos have thin Hands and smaller 40mm case.

As such, the rep is very wrong with a 42mm case. Basically they've taken the 40mm design of the gen and put it into a 42mm Royal Oak Offshore case. Used Offshore hands and used the traditional 7750 seconds layout with running seconds at 9 o'clock.

Having said that, I like the fact that it's bigger than the original, as I like beefy watches. I actually wish the gen was an Offshore and not a Royal Oak Chrono. Despite it being a quasi-fantasy watch, I think it's my favorite AP that I've ever seen. :)

Of course I'll shoot snap some shots of it as soon as it arrives. Mine will also be on bracelet instead of rubber :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally Got it! Subdial at 6 won't center.. but Hopefully once it's serviced it'll be perfect.

IMG_3344edit.jpg

IMG_3354edit.jpg

IMG_3339edit.jpg

IMG_3356edit.jpg

p.s. anyone else that have this watch know if it's supposed to be push or screw. Mine seems to be push.. but looks like the tube has threads to screw.. since the chrono pushers are screw.. i found it weird that the crown doesn't screw... in any case.. it pushes in all the way and doesn't come out. ... not sure

edit: mine is a screw-down crown.. i got it to screw down about an hour ago by accident. ;)

Edited by plaifender