When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If this watch existed, would you buy it?

dabouncer72

So.....

What actually happens at 600ft...

And then what happens when you get all the way down to 1800m :o

A transposition perhaps?

Perhaps a 600m/2000ft would be more inline with water depth and equivalents (600m = 1968.5ft.). I belieive rolex puts an approximation similar to this on their subs.

Good luck with the class :)

some suggestions..

bigger date

bigger subdial with numerals, recessed if possible

fatter another style hands

make dial 1 color or at least fading from centre

optional--

change advertisement, use a promi instead of silly smiling chinese girl

change slogan with something like "la montre de sport a toute epreuve" instead of it "deepest desire" or "takes a licking and keeps on ticking"

change brand name, it sounds and looks like electronics brand

then maybe i would buy it :)

Dude, I'd buy the watch if she had a prettier face, bigger breasts and a better ass. If buying that watch means getting that girl behind it, I'd pass. Otherwise, I'd just use it as a daily beater when chopping wood or working on the car.

I honestly have no idea why someone would need a watch on a wrist while chopping wood :rolleyes: . You could put any time-piece in a pocket/carry a cell-phone if you are so far away from your home.

Oh, and wearing a watch while working on a car is not only dangerous to your cars exterior, but also potentially LIFE-THREATENING for the potential of getting stuck in moving parts or forming a ground short in the electrical system. I have seen burns down to bone having come from this practice.

...Or were you just being rude and insulting with your comments, Penguin? Rather typical childish internet behavior and I would hope that you consider not using it on this forum

change advertisement, use a promi instead of silly smiling chinese girl

change slogan with something like "la montre de sport a toute epreuve" instead of it "deepest desire" or "takes a licking and keeps on ticking"

change brand name, it sounds and looks like electronics brand

what's a promi?

OK so haha I am taking a graphics design class and one of the assignments is to design an ad. So I was bored actually made a design of a watch, and wondering really how good does it look.

So here it is below attached onto the ad that I was supposed to make for the class, any and all comments or suggestions would be welcome.

Question: would you buy this for $600 in real life if it existed? considering that it is genuine and automatic movement.

(Note: the smaller hand is a stopwatch)

watch_adt.jpg

Personally, no, I wouldn't buy the watch, because it would not meet the criteria I require in a watch... Large hands... Large indices... Having seen a watch today (based on a U-Boat watch) with a small date window, I would agree with the need for a cyclops, but internal, like on PAMs, rather than external, as on Rolexes... I'm not too keen on the crown either... I think it might be hard to operate...

Other than that, awesome advert :) One suggestion I'd make about that, would be to replace the girl (unless your advert is aimed at the Asian Market) Nice to see another graphics designer on the forum :good:

...Or were you just being rude and insulting with your comments, Penguin? Rather typical childish internet behavior and I would hope that you consider not using it on this forum

Well said.

Ummm...

Maybe I've had one to many on this hot Saturday afternoon...

But I think you two are over reacting just a wee bit...

EP has a total of 9 posts...

8 of which are well thought out and informative...

And then this one in this Thread where I believe he was simply taking a stab at some humor...

You guys need to lighten up...

Go spend some time in the Bin and then come back up...

B)

Double T

PS: You too TeeJay ;)

Ummm...

Maybe I've had one to many on this hot Saturday afternoon...

But I think you two are over reacting just a wee bit...

EP has a total of 9 posts...

8 of which are well thought out and informative...

And then this one in this Thread where I believe he was simply taking a stab at some humor...

You guys need to lighten up...

Go spend some time in the Bin and then come back up...

B)

Double T

PS: You too TeeJay ;)

:huh:

I thought my comment to the OP was very constructive...

If you mean my report, I believe that the person made a rather racist trolling post on the other RWG, and didn't want them to begin such unpleasant behaviour here...

One too many? Nonsense, time for another, more like ;)

If you mean my report, I believe that the person made a rather racist trolling post on the other RWG, and didn't want them to begin such unpleasant behaviour here...

Haven't seen his posts on any other Forums...

But I suppose if your discernment is correct then this exchange will be enough of a warning...

However, innocent until proven otherwise applies here...

Double T

PS: Always appreciate your concern for the health of the forum though - Truly

Haven't seen his posts on any other Forums...

But I suppose if your discernment is correct then this exchange will be enough of a warning...

However, innocent until proven otherwise applies here...

Double T

PS: Always appreciate your concern for the health of the forum though - Truly

No problem :)