When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Damn Olympics

LordRasta

Guest carlsbadrolex

Its funny you say that... I was JUST looking at his page on the Omega site. The Omega Apnea is a really interesting watch. I think that the Planet Oceans are slightly over exposed. Look through the watches of the ambassadors... especially George Clooney. They give Planet Oceans away like MnM's.

I need to go check out an Apnea, I want to see exactly how they work.

Tomorrow I will be wearing my red/white/black/blue dialed Speedy!

Its funny you say that... I was JUST looking at his page on the Omega site. The Omega Apnea is a really interesting watch. I think that the Planet Oceans are slightly over exposed. Look through the watches of the ambassadors... especially George Clooney. They give Planet Oceans away like MnM's.

Tomorrow I will be wearing my red/white/black/blue dialed Speedy!

CBR, As you were typing this, I was typing my reply about buying a UPO :D

Hey...me too.

I was watching last night and they showed his coach who was wearing a 45.5 black PO on leather. I immediately went to my favorite collector and started looking for this watch. I've almost bought the UPO several times, but have been able to resist...so far.

I'm gettin' close!! :D

The PO (UPO for us) is like the Borg. Resistance is futile. Just wait till you get sucked into modding it with gen parts. I'm adding a gen DW to mines. Only the case and movement will be rep after this.

The PO (UPO for us) is like the Borg. Resistance is futile. Just wait till you get sucked into modding it with gen parts. I'm adding a gen DW to mines. Only the case and movement will be rep parts after this.

Which is exactly why I haven't bought one yet. I know if I do, it's going to end up being a money pit. :D

I joined here a few years ago just looking to find a nice submariner. I was happy with it for about a year, but now I'm buying and modding...

I got a fever...and the only cure?...more watches...

2039biabranca10rc7.jpg

What the HELL!?!? I was just convinced I was a homo because I watched Michael Phelps swim, But...but...wha...what's this bulge growing in my trousers?!?!

Those 2 are really Olympic athletes? Holy Shnikies!!

I'm with you Rasta...gotta visit Brazil!!

Gotta say though, I shot a USA vs Brazil womans soccer game last month that was an Olympic warm up (the game before Abby Wambach broke her leg), and the Brazilian soccer ladies didn't look anything remotely like that!!

TWINS! and OLYMPIC ATHLETES.

One of my fantasies include hot twins! ;)

But they may just wear me out as my endurance is no closer than an olympic athlete.. <_<

What the HELL!?!? I was just convinced I was a homo because I watched Michael Phelps swim, But...but...wha...what's this bulge growing in my trousers?!?!

Those 2 are really Olympic athletes? Holy Shnikies!!

I'm with you Rasta...gotta visit Brazil!!

Gotta say though, I shot a USA vs Brazil womans soccer game last month that was an Olympic warm up (the game before Abby Wambach broke her leg), and the Brazilian soccer ladies didn't look anything remotely like that!!

The Apnea is a great model, one of my favourites.

It's basically a 14 minute timer using a rotating red disc which "fills up" those holes in the dial, used to time a dive, specifically a freedive (no artificial underwater breathing apparatus). Name is derived from the medical term "apnoea" (British spelling :p), which describes an unfortunate condition where you temporarily stop breathing (common amongst snorers or if you're brought out of a general anaesthetic).

Not usually a big fan of white dial watches but I'll make an exception for this baby :drool: (much nicer than the black dial IMO)

25953000ji9.gif