When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vertu Ascent Ti Group Buy

Guest Sql_pl

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, tnx m8...it has no GPS so

Most phones you can attach GPS via an external bluetooth-connected GPS chip.. Garmin XT works on my N82, and as this is Symbian-based, may also work on this. I'm not sure of the screen size of this phone though.

that won't work for this phone. Series 40 is very very limited in terms of stack and heap size.

Bottom line: this is the phone only for basic phone function. Only the style, brand, prestige and materials matter in this case.

Go back to Panerai vs Casio arguments :lol:

Is GPS a usual phone function? No.

that won't work for this phone. Series 40 is very very limited in terms of stack and heap size.

Bottom line: this is the phone only for basic phone function. Only the style, brand, prestige and materials matter in this case.

Go back to Panerai vs Casio arguments :lol:

Is GPS a usual phone function? No.

GPS is becoming more and more standard in newer phones... at least smartphones.

Again, those who buy genuine Vertu phones won't be bothered if it has GPS or not, they have a driver or built-in GPS already in their Audi R8 :p

Guest Sql_pl

1. Ubiquitous - 1 x Black

2. Richard Lawton - 1 x Brown, 1 x Red

3. shtslr - 1 x Black

4. iceberg1459 - 1 x Black

5. Mastermind - 1 x Black

6. promotersf - 1 x Black

7. Jon Martin - 1 x Red

8. takashi - 1 x Brown

9. thomasng - 1 x Black

Can you believe one of the buyers issued a PayPal dispute because the phone was shipped a couple of days later due to QC? And of course PP freezed my money because the original payment have already been forwarded long time ago...

Amazing.....

Can you believe one of the buyers issued a PayPal dispute because the phone was shipped a couple of days later due to QC? And of course PP freezed my money because the original payment have already been forwarded long time ago...

Amazing.....

you should tell the MODS/ADMIN who is the member and he should be banned from the board!

Placed my order, now I will be sleeping under the post box.....

As for the PP silliness post the member at least to the mods... Very poor show, can't make anyone keen on organising group buys with these PP/member issues. Thanks for your work on this M. Most of us appreciate the time you have taken to get these right and QCed

I think they have done the transition from 850 to 1900 a few years ago. So mostly GSM in the USA now are using the 1900 Mhz. It has longer range therefore it is the preferred frequency.

Anyhow, it works in Europe and most Asian countries too. Their band is 900/1800Mhz.

No, thats not true, the lower frequencies have a longer range, because the emitted waves are "bigger". Thats why 850Mhz is used mostly in rural areas and thats also the reason why Carriers who only use the high frequencies have to invest more money to cover the same area as others with lower frequencies.

The higher frequencies on the other hand provide higher data transmission.

Sorry for the wrong statement. I stand corrected. Yes, longer range but less bandwidth.

Haha, dont worry dude, you're studying like the hardest subject one can imagine (which means you are probably among the 10 smartest people on the forum) :p Hope it works out well for you! I could never see myself in that field :)

Edited by slay

This phone is based on MT16xx series chipset which powered about 80% of chinese phone. We manage to get it Sync with PC software (not the supplied one).

As for specs, you can refer to the thread in this Off Topic forum. Don't expect something extraordinary. This phone has an outdated technology. I bought it only for the looks, feel and second phone. It does serve basic phone function and you can expand it using MicroSD/Transflash card.

After using it for a week... I have to say the phone looks great, but the OS sucks... it would definitely be a giveaway to anyone. I'm also losing signal very easily, and getting anywhere from 2-6 bars inside my house and my office, when my iPhone and N95 are full bars. The finish of the screws out the outside of the phone are also a bit rough, looks like someone use the wrong sized screwdriver as the screws on mine are really chewed up.

As for whoever filed the PP dispute- they need to be banned... I'm amazed people still haven't learned that a PP dispute is going to be a total disaster when it involves reps... and unfortunately Sql got caught in the crossfire because he was simply doing the community a favour.