When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen vintage hands in ETA

triosLescano

Those will not fit :(

Pinion sizes are not the same; 3035/3135 and 390 all have different sized, proprietary pinions (I seem to recall the Rolex pinions being smaller than ETA).

MBK vintage have white hands. I desire to sobstitute the dial whit a dial whit yellow tritium indicators. But also the hands, because hands white on dial indicators yellow is incorrected

How is it possible, if vintagized hands in internet are incompatible whit eta of MBW?

triosL,

There are a number of watch hand manufacturers, who make "aftermarket" hands, to fit Rolex.

That is what you are looking at.

There are also manufacturers, (some of them the same) who make Rolex and other brand hands, to fit various ETA movements, and also Chinese movements.

Different movements, have different size pinions, which require different sized hands.

It is a minefield, believe me.

Had a movement recently which had failed. It was cheaper to replace than repair.

So I fitted the #2 version, only to find, that even though it was the same #no, the pinion had been changed, so the old hands wouldn't retrofit. And this was on a Miyota quartz, very common model...there would be thousands, if not millions out there.

Obsolesence? Or maybe sell more new hands?

Offshore

MBK vintage have white hands. I desire to sobstitute the dial whit a dial whit yellow tritium indicators. But also the hands, because hands white on dial indicators yellow is incorrected

How is it possible, if vintagized hands in internet are incompatible whit eta of MBW?

What you need is a set of vintage ETA hands. Standard sizes for the ETA hands are 90/150/25. You could buy a set of ETA hands from a place like Clarks and then color them yourself to match your vintage lume on the dial.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=tab%3DWatching

In the description they are refered to as for Tudor, but this is the modern Tudor calibers which use the current ETA movements like 2824-2 and 2836-2- an MBK will have either a 2836-2 or a 2846-2- same hand sizes for both.

I'm not aware of anyone selling ETA hands with vintage lume- so your only other option would be to take them off another watch w/ an ETA movt., then that watch would have no hands. Ziggy could color hands for you, or maybe one of the guys over in EU could do it for you, if you don't want to do it yourself.

What you need is a set of vintage ETA hands. Standard sizes for the ETA hands are 90/150/25. You could buy a set of ETA hands from a place like Clarks and then color them yourself to match your vintage lume on the dial.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=tab%3DWatching

In the description they are refered to as for Tudor, but this is the modern Tudor calibers which use the current ETA movements like 2824-2 and 2836-2- an MBK will have either a 2836-2 or a 2846-2- same hand sizes for both.

I'm not aware of anyone selling ETA hands with vintage lume- so your only other option would be to take them off another watch w/ an ETA movt., then that watch would have no hands. The Zigmeister could color hands for you, or maybe one of the guys over in EU could do it for you, if you don't want to do it yourself.

Thanks for help

I think that is rasonable to color the standard hands of MBW. I have coloured hands sometime ago whit acrilic colors.

Is there in RWG a post whit counseils about to good color the hands? I have searched it but I have not seen it..........