When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Jakub away?

scotty

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that this is a question that not supposed to be asked out loud and I have great sympathy for Jakub's loss but what sort of time period should we now be waiting for crystals to appear through the post or even email replies before we should write of our crystals and watches as lost and not coming back, a week, a month, 6 months.

I understand that Jakub needs extra time but when all that is needed is to post crystals that were finished and paid for 6 weeks ago I can't escape the feeling that I'm never going to see them again.

Sorry for the negative attitude but some of the crystals I sent were for watches that weren't mine and now I'm having to buy complete replacement case sets just to get those crystals. I've already paid $200 for AR coatings and its just cost me another $300 to replace some of those crystals and then I'll still have to pay another $200 or so for Chieftang AR. :( :( :(

I'm not in the best of moods today :( :( :(

I know that this is a question that not supposed to be asked out loud and I have great sympathy for Jakub's loss but what sort of time period should we now be waiting for crystals to appear through the post or even email replies before we should write of our crystals and watches as lost and not coming back, a week, a month, 6 months.

I understand that Jakub needs extra time but when all that is needed is to post crystals that were finished and paid for 6 weeks ago I can't escape the feeling that I'm never going to see them again.

Sorry for the negative attitude but some of the crystals I sent were for watches that weren't mine and now I'm having to buy complete replacement case sets just to get those crystals. I've already paid $200 for AR coatings and its just cost me another $300 to replace some of those crystals and then I'll still have to pay another $200 or so for Chieftang AR. :( :( :(

I'm not in the best of moods today :( :( :(

Don't go buying new cases, you'll get the crystals back.

Blimey I remeber having my Navitimer modded about 2 years ago, I didn't see that for 9 months, and I crossed many problems. Just have somke patience and you'll get them back.

Remeber this is a hobby and not a job.

A hobby yes....

But if someone advertises offering a professional service, for which you pay, then it becomes a more formal transaction with inferred responsabilities.

Not trying to get heavy, or slate J in his time of loss, but the communication and return problems seem to have started some time before he posted over his family loss.

And in any event, there is still the base of a business-like transaction (albeit illicit) and so the corresponding responsabilities.

Rant over - lets all hope that J starts to close pending issues quickly and successfully.

I don't detract from his loss in any way. However seems no-one has heard anything new recently as in a return on the way.

Fingers crossed ......I sent him an e.mail on Monday and still got no reply.

So we must assume his personal situation is complicated, but here's hoping he returns quickly to cover his responsabilities here.

We're all treading on eggshells here, waiting for some response from Jakub. We all understand he has family issues that take precedence over everything else but, as Scotty says, Jakub is offering a service and has had a number of watches and crystals owned by RWG (and other forums?), for some weeks (or months).

Just a short reassuring post would go a long way to putting people's minds at rest... ;)

We're all treading on eggshells here, waiting for some response from Jakub. We all understand he has family issues that take precedence over everything else but, as Scotty says, Jakub is offering a service and has had a number of watches and crystals owned by RWG (and other forums?), for some weeks (or months).

Just a short reassuring post would go a long way to putting people's minds at rest... ;)

Like this one;

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=82347

This was only made a week ago, imagine with the trauma of loosing a loved one combined with being backlogged with work. He could either be here posting and making sure you all feel ok about his service, or he could get on dealing with the family situtation and slowly sorting through the backlog to get the crystals back to you....I know which I would do in his situation.

I know it's frustrating when things don't go to plan,but we all know Jakub, he offers an amazing service. The servcie we get here is often a lot more efficient than what you would get from an AD!

Geez guys, relax. Give the man some time to recover his loss. He has already posted what happened and that he didn't forget about your (and mine) crystals.

I've waited for more than 6 months to receive a HKTan strap, which seems to be acceptable to some people on the forums. This isn't normal business and sometimes things take a bit longer when real life interferes.

Just curious if anyone has heard anything or received anything since J posted?

Just to see if there is activity to resolve all pending items.....

Not having a go at the guy (as possibly interpreted by some) - just curious to see if anything is happening.

In my case I've heard nothing - not even a reply to my e.mail sending my condolences...

Just curious if anyone has heard anything or received anything since J posted?

Just to see if there is activity to resolve all pending items.....

Nothing, zilch, nada, diddly squat... :unsure:

Nothing, zilch, nada, diddly squat... :unsure:

Nothing here either, and I emailed him after two months, begging him for a mere "relax, it's all ok". -_- Incidentally I just saw an ad for cheap flights to Poland from Europe... Like ten bucks or something, return... Any Europeans here who want to meet up in Warsaw, eat some real perogi, and go get our watches and crystals back? :D

I join the club of the unsatisfied guys. Jakub get one of my pam since several months. When he received my pam, he told me that he couldn't do AR Service because of the bad quality of the sapphire. I bought a new sapphire to Tos (ioffer) and Jakub told me that he didn't receive it. So, I've waited two months and Jakub continued to tell me that he didn't receive it. I believed him. One month ago I asked him to send my pam back to me and he answered me OK. Since this moment, I've sent many messages to him without replies... I think that I'll get my Pam no more... A good guy in the beginning but now ???

Guys, someone died in his family. Please put yourself in his shoes.... I think at this point he has other things on his mind than answering each and every mail from the last month. Patience is the key word here.

He also has my watch and there's no doubt at all that I will see my watch back again with some nice AR on it. It just takes a little more time than usual. I can live with that.

Couldn't agree more Scoobs.

I have dealt with Jakub before in the past, and he is no 'scammer'. To show this he posted here as soon as he could to let his customers know of his situation. If he intended to do a runner, he would not have bothered.

You will see your watches back, I would put my left leg on that, you will just have to be patient.

My guess would be that Jakub has not been responding to contact attempts from the site admins, the suspension of his section is a reasonable action at this point so that no new watches are sent to him for AR until the current issues are resolved.

I really hope that Jakub does resume service as the quality of the AR is just stunning and I would also like my 6 crystals back at some point.

I'm not feeling too hopeful at this point though :(

Guys, someone died in his family. Please put yourself in his shoes.... I think at this point he has other things on his mind than answering each and every mail from the last month. Patience is the key word here.

He also has my watch and there's no doubt at all that I will see my watch back again with some nice AR on it. It just takes a little more time than usual. I can live with that.

I think we are all being reasonable, and the huge thread with condolences is testament to that. While being sympathetic to his loss, we are also asking for a little more regularity and detail in his updates. These could come as group updates here, not necessarily as individual replies. How long would that take? 30 seconds a week? Most people with jobs have to deal with the ups and downs of life, but we don't have the luxury to take months off work. I know that if I did I'd probably get fired. Don't get me wrong. We are all so extremely sorry for what he's going through, which must obviously be very serious, since he strikes me as an honest guy who wouldn't otherwise let his business go down the drain like this. I don't think we are trivialising what he's going through by asking about our crystals, as we are only really asking for 0.0049% of his time.