When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Jakub away?

scotty

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote a post with complaint here on the forum and he contacted me that he felt offended by this post (he wrote a text message to me) and that he will return my watches asap but for next ar runs I'd better contact chieftang.

We had an argument over the phone because I will not let anyone try to call me names over text messages and that's how it ended.

As for what I can advise - well he is not switching his phone on at all so I guess there is no way to contact him via phone. He also does not seem to care about forum complaints anymore.

The best way would be to pay him a visit at home - hoping it was not a rented place where he does no longer show up.

I'd be willing to help but even though it is not THAT far away (like 240 miles round trip) from me it still needs like full day off everything I do and if it turns out he's not there then I am not sure if I'd be able to just stick around his place waiting for him to arrive - hope you understand.

I will ask some of my Warsaw based friends and see if they can help as they are already there.

feel free to delete my post.....call me a racist again - and curse me, i hope for everyone that I AM WRONG and a Pessimist !

my honest apologies to Jakub if i am wrong.....but....you suck anyways if you forget the people that send you money and trust in you .....for over 6 month.

We are not deleting posts, we set them invisible.

In your case, I wouldn't set it invisible though.

Why?

Because we all need some education on racism.

Your comments on Poland and their people are the exact same one that started most of the genocides in the human history.

And in my opinion it makes the rest of your post completely useless including your "apologies".

Stephane

You were complained about on RWI exactly for this reason, you offered no solution to the problem, just a racial insult of a whole population.

Stereotyping a country because of the minority is a dangerous act. Just because there is crime in a country, it doesn't mean the whole country is full of criminals.

There is crime everywhere my friend, but to label the whole country as a bunch of scammers because of the minority that commit the crimes is a very narrow minded and juvenile view.

If you don't have anything useful to post, apart from your slandering views then please don't come back an insult the whole of Poland again, it's not necessary.

Well said b16a2 !

And by the way here is rule #6 of RWG:

[6] - Anything discussions regarding politics and/or religion in anyway will be closed or deleted unless determined to be pertinent by admins/mods.

So, any further post in the wrong direction will be set invisible.

Enough said.

Stephane

Whilst Rule 6, only covers politics and religion..........Watch this space!

Guys, let's get back on topic... it would be a pity to see this most important thread closed, due to all this OT crap!

Racist and inflammatory input has no place on this forum, we are here to discuss things horological.... so let's do just that.

Now, has anyone any decent input, as to what can be done about this situation?

Admin are chasing up a few leads.... your POSITIVE input may offer some solutions.

Offshore

Horologie, your posts here are just plain pointless. I really don't understand why you bother with this "I could have told you so" stuff. So please refrain from offending people, embarassing yourself, and implying we're idiots for dealing with J. None of these things are either good nor useful.

Now, back to the topic. I gave J a call yesterday and for the first time his phone didn't go to answering machine right away. But unfortunately it just kept ringing out and he didn't pick up. I guess at least it's a sign he's alive and switching his phone on!!!

Sql, let us know how you go with your contacts in Warsaw. I think it would be great if someone could have a word to J and get a feel for when (or if!) he plans to get back to work.

Edited by therooster

Now, back to the topic. I gave J a call yesterday and for the first time his phone didn't go to answering machine right away. But unfortunately it just kept ringing and he didn't pick. I guess at least it's a sign he's alive and switching his phone on!!!

Sql, let us know how you go with your contacts in Warsaw. I think it would be great if someone could have a word to J and get a feel for when (or if!) he plans to get back to work.

at least some news...

...I just had a look at the Outstanding Orders List

How much is all that worth?! jeeeez

I'd be very guilty about having so much of other peoples property....without explanation.

I hope this gets resolved asap...I'm also glad that I was on holiday and didnt send off my crystals.

I'm not sure that speculation will help much but I don't think that Jakub has actually chosen to scam people, if he had he could have gathered a lot more watches and crystals before disappearing. Also, the watch heads and particularly the crystals don't really have that much value by themselves.

I suspect that he has most likely run into some financial trouble and is unable to pay his AR lab or watchsmith to get the crystals back again, there may even be a number still uncoated at his house which he cannot return to owners as they have been told that the AR is done and paid in full and he cannot pay the refunds.

I'm not sure why but I just have the feeling that he does intend to get himself sorted out and then get all of the crystals and watches returned. However, if he doesn't do this in the next few months I suspect that it will become a lower and lower priority until he just doesn't bother.

Jakub, if you're reading this can you please send my crystals back, coated or not, I don't want a refund, you can just keep the money I've sent and that will be the end of the matter.

Payments with Jakub are always done after the work is complete, my first batch of 3 crystals were 'ready' on 23rd June so I paid $100 for those and the second batch of 3 were 'ready' on 30th July and also paid for (another $100).

Nothing has arrived so far, still waiting...........

Im sure my watch will show up.. someday. Seems weird to do a big scam with only the items. I have just sent a watch i have not payed him. If i were a scammer i would make sure to get the cash aswell. I just have to stare on my avatar and hope...

Edited by slask111

Well all.

I've tried relentless (and politely) to contact him. Phone calls go to voicemail or are disconnected after ringing a few times. E.mails go un-replied.

What can we do now? From this and the other thread compiling a list, it seems that no-one has had any contact. Theories abound.

However the fact is that a trusted member since 2006, seems to be in possession of some $10K (number came from a previous post) of our property.

I still am not convinced he's scamming as such. What happened with Finepics was similar - he had health problems then personal problems, that all turned into depression basically - and did resolve itself in the end.

But here???? What, if anything, can be done?

Maybe J is suffering from some form of crisis or depression?

Well all.

I've tried relentless (and politely) to contact him. Phone calls go to voicemail or are disconnected after ringing a few times. E.mails go un-replied.

What can we do now? From this and the other thread compiling a list, it seems that no-one has had any contact. Theories abound.

However the fact is that a trusted member since 2006, seems to be in possession of some $10K (number came from a previous post) of our property.

I still am not convinced he's scamming as such. What happened with Finepics was similar - he had health problems then personal problems, that all turned into depression basically - and did resolve itself in the end.

But here???? What, if anything, can be done?

Maybe J is suffering from some form of crisis or depression?

Probably closer to $20k than $10k, actually... But really, even if they're worth that much, what could he possibly do with a bunch of knock-offs and crystals? The main distribution channel for these things would be our forums, but obviously it would be too stupid to try selling them there. I really can't think of ways he could realise all that value quickly and without getting caught. I agree that something serious must have happened and it will take time for him to sort things out. But I'm sure everyone would be happy to get their stuff back with no mods, and even pay extra for postage if needed. Jakub could and should have asked us to help, instead of just disappearing and trying to deal with this on his own. And I'm sure we would have all agreed to help him in any way possible.

I think a possible solution right now would be to have someone trusted in Warsaw hook up with J and give him a hand sorting through the mess, and starting sending stuff back to their owners. That trusted person could receive some funds for postage from us, e.g. in a PayPal account. And if everyone who has items with J puts in a few extra bucks on top of the postage costs, we could even pay that person a small "salary" for helping us out. Frankly, I'd rather spend 20 bucks or so and get my things back, than doing nothing.

Of course, first we need to find that trusted person in Warsaw who could devote some time to this. Sql, maybe you have some good contacts?

Second, that person will need to actually find J and offer to help. And J will have to accept that help.

The alternative would be to get a professional contractor in Warsaw to do this for us... but it would be more expensive.

This is a long shot, but it's a first practical idea to get something done...