When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Jakub away?

scotty

Guest Sql_pl

I called him today.

Cellphone is off as usual but I managed to get through using landline number.

I spoke with a lady who seemed to be his mother. She said she cannot really contact him either as his phone is switched off all the time. I explained the whole situation with a lot of outstanding orders and money in his pocket that actually ruin his and Polish reputation - I felt she was not really aware of all this. I also mentioned family problems and that we are sorry just to check and to my surprise she did not say a word about that - like it never actually happened. Did not really ask her directly so we cannot be sure but after that phone call I wonder if there was any "death in the family" at all.

Anyway she felt like she started to worry and wrote down my name and number (which Kuba had for a long time) and promised to tell him to contact me as soon as she gets in touch with him - she said he should be visiting her in a couple of days.

We will see.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called him today.

I spoke with a lady who seemed to be his mother. She said she cannot really contact him either as his phone is switched off all the time. I explained the whole situation with a lot of outstanding orders and money in his pocket that actually ruin his and Polish reputation - I felt she was not really aware of all this. I also mentioned family problems and that we are sorry just to check and to my surprise she did not say a word about that - like it never actually happened. Did not really ask her directly so we cannot be sure but after that phone call I wonder if there was any "death in the family" at all.

Anyway she felt like she started to worry and wrote down my name and number (which Kuba had for a long time) and promised to tell him to contact me as soon as she gets in touch with him - she said she should be visiting her in a couple of days.

We will see.

Thanks for your investigations.

My vote is that Admins here hire a Private Investigator to track Jakub down. Admins can setup a Paypal account so that all of us can chip in. We need to start doing something and i belive the Admins here are the ppl to do it.

I'm not sure you understand our role as an Admin Team in running this Board...

WE WILL NOT BE HIRING A PI...

Would one of you old timers like to educate young grasshopper...

I'm a little swamped today and don't have the time...

Thanks in advance to who steps up...

TT

Sql_pl, thanks for you efforts to help us all, they are appreciated.

I did have faith that Jakub would come back and sort things out but now I'm not sure he will without some pushing, or at least a reminder that all this doesn't just go away if you turn your mobile off.

Hopefully we can get most or all of peoples property returned to them, with or without AR coatings.

Sorry to say Roost that Mr Bolo is no longer with us...

As well as Mr Jones...

One in the same BTW...

His post and the subsequent replies have been set invisible...

I don't know if it is clever to ban and erase the posts of the only person who had actually contact with Jakub...that is contraproductive for those who want to have there stuff back...

I don't know if it is clever to ban and erase the posts of the only person who had actually contact with Jakub...that is contraproductive for those who want to have there stuff back...

@YM

Appreciate the input...

However, there is much more behind the scenes...

TT

Hmm no teaching so far... maybe i have a point then. Anyway, i have contacts in .pl and got guys who are willing to find jakub for a finders fee.

So what to do now? I dont want to send guys to anyone if im not 110% that i have been ripped off.

I for one dont want to call J a scammer cause my watch arrived at J`s place just over a month ago. So in a normal situation i would still wait atleast 4 more weeks before even sending J an email for a status check. But then again alot off ppl have been waiting months for their stuff without any word/false words and i guess you are pretty sure you have been ripped off. As you can see im a bit torn about this whole matter. The Admins here seems to know whats going on "behind the scene", should we go further with this or do you have any other suggestions?

Hmm no teaching so far... maybe i have a point then. Anyway, i have contacts in .pl and got guys who are willing to find jakub for a finders fee.

So what to do now? I dont want to send guys to anyone if im not 110% that i have been ripped off.

I for one dont want to call J a scammer cause my watch arrived at J`s place just over a month ago. So in a normal situation i would still wait atleast 4 more weeks before even sending J an email for a status check. But then again alot off ppl have been waiting months for their stuff without any word/false words and i guess you are pretty sure you have been ripped off. As you can see im a bit torn about this whole matter. The Admins here seems to know whats going on "behind the scene", should we go further with this or do you have any other suggestions?

How much is the fee? Anyway you heard what is going here and that people are waiting for the watches almost half a year...and even the death of a family member story is questioned...I think the situation is clear. there are not many things that could justify his behaviour!

I called him today.

Anyway she felt like she started to worry and wrote down my name and number (which Kuba had for a long time) and promised to tell him to contact me as soon as she gets in touch with him - she said he should be visiting her in a couple of days.

We will see.

MUCH APPRECIATED! THANKS.

yacht_master ill find that out next week. All depends on how hard it is to find ppl in .pl. Dont live there myself but i heard that its not as easy to get info about someone there as in many other locations. Still want to see what J`s mom can do.

What about trying to find the watchmaker he uses. If we knew where Jakub was located and looked for watchsmiths operating in the same area it could just be a simple process of elimination. Of course we would need a local to do this. Not that the watchsmith would be in cohoots and have all our stuff but he might have some insight as to what is going on.

Finding him is one thing, should be easy enough. But what then? I doubt that he will admit to anything, and probably deny that he is the person in question. Somebody is going to have to go through the proper channels (police) if anything is to be resolved here. Sadly, I do not see this happening for obvious reasons, and I fear this [censored] is going to walk away scot free.

Now for my I told you so.

I thought this guy was shady going back a few months ago when I suspected that he was sending free work in exchange for good reviews. When I brought it up in a thread I was chastised by nearly everybody for having the gall to question his ethics. Behind the scenes however, I received PMs from several "in the know" members that all but confirmed my suspicions. Over the following months I began to see threads here and there complaining about lack of communication, but unless, like me, you spend an inordinate amount of time here, you probably wouldn't have noticed. From that point on I never would have sent this guy anything, and certainly steered members toward Chieftang as I thought he was far more trustable and business like.

Finding him is one thing, should be easy enough. But what then? I doubt that he will admit to anything, and probably deny that he is the person in question. Somebody is going to have to go through the proper channels (police) if anything is to be resolved here. Sadly, I do not see this happening for obvious reasons, and I fear this [censored] is going to walk away scot free.

Now for my I told you so.

I thought this guy was shady going back a few months ago when I suspected that he was sending free work in exchange for good reviews. When I brought it up in a thread I was chastised by nearly everybody for having the gall to question his ethics. Behind the scenes however, I received PMs from several "in the know" members that all but confirmed my suspicions. Over the following months I began to see threads here and there complaining about lack of communication, but unless, like me, you spend an inordinate amount of time here, you probably wouldn't have noticed. From that point on I never would have sent this guy anything, and certainly steered members toward Chieftang as I thought he was far more trustable and business like.

Well I wasn't aware of that. I think it is the task of forums like this one to warn fellow members, every warning should be treated very seriously. When I first wrote a post about the K2222 incident everyone told me, that everything will definetly be OK, well, we know the result...

That is one of the problem with this and other forums. People think of these dealers as their best buds and will defend them to the hilt. It happens every time when a dealer goes down, try and post about the negativity and you will be berated. Ask Pugwash about that ;) . People need to be more vigilant and read everything recent about a dealer before sending anything.

I'm still finding this whole episode hard to believe as my dealing with Jacob was very professional and he came across as a great guy.

Looks like he fooled us all and played it very cool right to the end and I'm really feeling for everyone that has their watches with him..And there is a lot of watches.

I'm hoping for a happy outcome for everyone now that sql_pl has made contact with his family..Hopefully his mother will smack him around the ears and knock some sense into him.

I'm still finding this whole episode hard to believe as my dealing with Jacob was very professional and he came across as a great guy.

Looks like he fooled us all and played it very cool right to the end and I'm really feeling for everyone that has their watches with him..And there is a lot of watches.

I'm hoping for a happy outcome for everyone now that sql_pl has made contact with his family..Hopefully his mother will smack him around the ears and knock some sense into him.

I agree totally, we've all been duped! I have had 4 crystals A/Red by J since he first started offering his service, not all at the same time but one every few months. He came across as a thoroughly decent guy and I believe, was even offering his services free to those that upgraded on RWG. I think he even "donated" a couple of free A/R crystals to the board to raise funds. His emails were always prompt and he kept me regularly informed.

Then the emails got slower... and slower.............and slower..................................

I think he may have been a victim of his own success. There was never any doubt as to the quality of his service - I still marvel at the quality of the AR on my reps that I got back from him :p

I have lost a $250 watch but I only sent the watch head, not the bracelet. Many people sent him crystals. I wonder what the black market value of these "odds 'n' ends" actually is and who is he going to sell them to?

It's all very odd... :g::huh:

yes, same here. Always very professional dealings. Even once he offered by himself to give me a refund, after I noticed that his watch smith bended some of the hands with the removal/attaching of the crystal to the case. Of course i declined his offer, since i was so in awe with his good service and perfect coating i was enjoying every day...

So still I believe that maybe he has some financial problems or something else.

By the end of August he wrote me that he was away from his place because he worked far away from it and also worked a lot and that the whole process would take around 6 weeks (where normally around 4 weeks)...

This could also explain the lack of communication.

So if he is always away, the address where we send to is not his own, is my assumption.

And does he really uses a watch smith? i would do it all by myself, with a crystal press etc. It would save him lots of money and also the extra effort of dealing with the watch smith. What do you guys think..?

i dare to post again and i am trying to control how upset i am about this issue. my warning level can still rise one more time, correct ?

exactly....free work for good review. he had contacted many members that have - expensive - watches and offered free work.

screening carefully who has those watches - knowing exactly whom to offer that. free work.

thats how he got a gen Heuer from a friend of mine. ( besides my warnings )

now, a very common practice from the east scamers ( just for your info - it could help and be the only way to get your stuff back )

if for example a car gets stolen....or personal belongings - the victim will somewhen later be contacted....and offered the item to buy back.

money talks...often those crooks are not really intrested in the item itself. but in seeing cash.

i personally know a owner of a gas station. his 9 month old Audi Abarth S6 was stolen.

his insurance was oblidged to pay his loss. the full new list price.

2 weeks later the insurance was contacted ....from the people that have stolen the car. they said:

you are supposed to compensate 60.000 Euros for the car.

we offer to give it back for 45.000 Euros.

in order to save 15.000 Euros, insurances go for it.

propably it will be the best bet to ask him how much he wants to give back what he has.

you can not count on police, PI's, etc. it might take endless month..cost more and more....and drag.

..and i can promise...it will lead to nothing.

i mean this honest and well. i have seen this many times.

not sure if it will help. might be a chance. propably the only one.

just posted this for consideration.

now...warning level even more upper ? oh well.....

i dare to post again and i am trying to control how upset i am about this issue. my warning level can still rise one more time, correct ?

@HU

There is nothing in your post that would require a warning increase...

In all honesty, it's a good, well written, and thought out post...

The reason your level was increased before in this Thread and the post set invisible was because it was very racist...

Appreciate your being sensitive on the words you choose to post now...

TT

Jakub was always cool to me but I will say that from day one there was always a low level sketchiness in his demeanor. I do not think he ran off with the watches and sold them but I think the success and money got the better of him and he is in some kind of trouble.

I love the community here but lately I have found this in many dealings here and it has reminded me of what we are doing here and I am not feeling all that great about it.