When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

considering a gen pam 028

rkdk

Hello Guys. Being a pvd freak, i stumbled across a gen pam 028. These go for over 15.000 euro in europe, but one is availlable for 15.000$ in the states.

Sure it is a lot of money, but i am seriously considering it. Other than it being my holy grail watch, i suppose it can only go up in value from here. Since its not being produced anymore.

What are your thoughts? should i shouldnt i :p

I belive the price of this varies to the series of the watch A or B...arrow pointer or leaf pointer...I am not an expert, but I belive the A series with the arrow pointer are the hard to find ones...and highly priced...the B series with the leaf pointer is a little bit cheaper although expensive for me...plust the two have the difference in the T swiss T dial for the A series against the L swiss L for the B series...

this is definitely one of the nicest PAMs for me...along with the vintage ones and the 203!

Edited by dadog13

this is a great reference page for the SOLD OUT PAMs and the hard ones to find...

you can see different photos / condition of the watches / dates when they got sold and for how much....the seller is one of the best around from what I read...expensive yes, but he carries from time to time some really interesting and nice pieces...

http://www.watches24seven.com/gallery2/mai...0&g2_page=7

I am in agreement with what folks have said above. At that price and with an A T dial and arrow PR hand it is probably a safe bet. I would also guess it goes up in value. Box and papers would be nice. I would point out one issue which is always the case with PVD watches, Presumably the PVD is in good shape so you are going to have to be extra careful when wearing it as you can always polish out an SS ding but not a PVD scratch. Of course this only matters if you ever think you will sell it later on in life. I do love the watch and best of luck. If I had the money it is one of 2-3 PAM's which would be at the top of my list. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I am in agreement with what folks have said above. At that price and with an A T dial and arrow PR hand it is probably a safe bet. I would also guess it goes up in value. Box and papers would be nice. I would point out one issue which is always the case with PVD watches, Presumably the PVD is in good shape so you are going to have to be extra careful when wearing it as you can always polish out an SS ding but not a PVD scratch. Of course this only matters if you ever think you will sell it later on in life. I do love the watch and best of luck. If I had the money it is one of 2-3 PAM's which would be at the top of my list. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Kruzer already said everything I was going to say.

+1

Yeah, that is pretty much the going rate for a Fiddy. Don't we all wish we bought one when they were $10,000. :lol:

for sure.

just thinking. Since both the a and b series are rare. Wouldnt they both hold value? Its not like they made a million of these;-)

A and t dial is the one that cost alot and is more attractive for collectors.

i woud never pay 15k$ for the b series and the leaf pw hand.