When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Explorer II

Rolex Sub 19

Today I had a meeting with my boss and couldn't help but eyeing his genuine Rolex Explorer II. So my struggle is, if I find a rep, it wouldn't be as nice as his gen and I shouldn't wear it when I meet him. I stayed away from this model b/c of his gen. But today I had an urge to source it. As ususal, the rep is relatively simple to make in my standard (^_^), so I would like to keep the budget under $100.

What does everyone think about this one?

http://houseofsouvenirs.com/rolexexplorer_005.htm

Today I had a meeting with my boss and couldn't help but eyeing his genuine Rolex Explorer II. So my struggle is, if I find a rep, it wouldn't be as nice as his gen and I shouldn't wear it when I meet him. I stayed away from this model b/c of his gen. But today I had an urge to source it. As ususal, the rep is relatively simple to make in my standard (^_^), so I would like to keep the budget under $100.

What does everyone think about this one?

http://houseofsouvenirs.com/rolexexplorer_005.htm

How many members went to the website? Have to admit I did. Beware, this looks like a plug... Could be wrong, but I don't think so. Scam site??? Me thinks yes...

How many members went to the website? Have to admit I did. Beware, this looks like a plug... Could be wrong, but I don't think so. Scam site??? Me thinks yes...

I haven't any personal experience with this site but, from what I have read on other forums, it is legitimate. Allergy Doc has reported good experience with them for more economical replicas. Delivery times may be somewhat slower than our listed collectors.

It looks to me like both of these Explorers have the same problem- silver hour marker surrounds instead of the correct black surrounds. Now I've seen some early gen dials (c. 80's) which had the silver surrounds, but the ones now are black. This is the critical flaw with Explorer II's.

The now very sought-after early Explorer II with cream dials had white gold markers. The current white dials have black marker surroundings as said before.

The only accurate EXP II reps are the ones with black dials :(

sorry, but im pretty sure there is no good rep with black dial. most important thing is the case,bezel and crystal( cyclops postion).

just swap the dial with genuine one and you will have the best exp 2 possible

sorry, but im pretty sure there is no good rep with black dial. most important thing is the case,bezel and crystal( cyclops postion).

just swap the dial with genuine one and you will have the best exp 2 possible

Before you go buying a gen dial, better make sure that you have the right case- not all Explorer II cases accept a gen dial. The case that accepts a gen dial, as I recall, isn't even available anymore. Best to read and study By-Tor's review first.

What color are the surrounds on your markers, Arty? Black or silver (wg)?

Unfortunately, silver. Although it is not a bright silver, and about 80% of the time depending on what position it is in, they appear black if that makes any sense...Arty