When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

250 or 212?

drop

I'm trying to make a decision between the 250 and 212... will go with the asian movement for either. Thanks for advice and insights from those that already have these.

250 - the new brushed case from Joshua looks great. Are all the subdials recessed? Hard to tell from pics... Mod datewheel available?

212 - I like the cleaner look, but am assuming the newer asian 7750 may not be available. Are the subdials recessed? Is one available without the "Reg TM" marker on the crown guard? I wish the minute ticks were correct... maybe wait for the next gen?

As always, thanks a bunch!

250 looks great but I still notice the rehaut still too shallow. Date font incorrect, dial font is a little off, and tachymeter spelled incorrectly.

Oh dang, I didn't see the 'tachymetre'. Maybe just 196 then...

Oh dang, I didn't see the 'tachymetre'. Maybe just 196 then...

I think you will find that the correct spelling of tachmetre is with the -re not the -er as in the US with the bastardised english. All European Panerai's have the CORRECT spelling of tachymetre, how do I know, I'm looking at the catalogue.

So please don't worry about that it is not an innaccuracy merely someone actually taking the time to spell correctly instead of translating into UMERICUN.

So please don't worry about that it is not an innaccuracy merely someone actually taking the time to spell correctly instead of translating into UMERICUN.

:thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I absolutely hate when people do this in my "either-or" threads, but I'm going to do it to you. You shouldn't get either of them until you look for an "old case" 196.

The 212 has way too many flaws for the version it's on and, as somebody pointed out earlier, the 250 and 251 suffer from the same problem as the later 188's and 196's, namely a shitty case.

The 250 looks close enough to the 196 that the better construction more than makes up for the slightly less cool looking appearance.

If I couldn't find a decent 196, I'd go w/ the Swiss 250.