When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vertu Ascent Ti - another thread...some experiences...

straight_six

Not that I wan't to pee on someone's parade here...but...I had a small issue with a joystick on the phone which needed a disassembly - pretty straight forward and doesn't take more than 2 minutes. Bad news - it's a heavy phone and feels very substantial because it's NOT made of Ti but painted brass. Some good news - leather seems to be from an animal (hopefully) and screen cover IS glass, not sure if sapphire, but it is glass.

On a side note - Maciek - can you ask our trusted dealer if he can provide spares? I would need a frame that has letters painted on them. As you know, I have two phones and while my wife's example is perfect, paint is coming off buttons on mine, in about two weeks there will be none left. Could this be a warranty case? :o

Great phone and terrific conversation topic after all.

That's it - I just can't keep my mouth shut :D

Dean

Actuay the painted brass is no real surprise as the phone would be much more expensive if it was real Ti

Iteresting about the numbers coming off as this might be a problem with all these phones, could clear nail polish over the numbers of a new phone be the answer?

Ken

Don't have my cam with me so no pics, but it's painted brass, I tried to scratch it a little where it's not visible and bronze/copper color is beneath. Also the shiny bits are chromed brass. It was me who said window was plastic, but now I'm positive it's glass, again, not sure if sapphire, but glass 100%. Don't know about numbers, I posted earlier how numbers on mine are bolder then on my wifes example (and there the numbers are still fine), but now it's coming off, and I didn't really use it much, as a matter of fact, today was a first walk with me as I fixed the phonebook only yesterday.

Dean

The screens are Plastic from what I see , definately not Sapphire.

TomH

That's what I thought as it feels like plastic. BUT - and you can try it yourself - remove the two screws next to the power button. Slide the earphone part towards the power button and remove it, and then try to scratch the "plastic" on the side. Tell us about the noise you will hear... :) Anyway, it's glass, at least on mine, that is.

Dean

painted brass sucks real bad, but i must say the gen is also heavy

http://www.gsmpress.com/eng/phonedetail.ph...&addtc=1257

its heavier than my luna and whoever holds the luna say its heavy

did you also test your wife's vertu if its real Ti? they could be different phones, as you said key printing is better

cant believe its brass because Ti isnt that expensive, we have reps in Ti cheaper than the phone right?

painted brass sucks real bad, but i must say the gen is also heavy

http://www.gsmpress.com/eng/phonedetail.ph...&addtc=1257

its heavier than my luna and whoever holds the luna say its heavy

did you also test your wife's vertu if its real Ti? they could be different phones, as you said key printing is better

cant believe its brass because Ti isnt that expensive, we have reps in Ti cheaper than the phone right?

Our rep is 204gr. , battery and card installed. I have no way of testing real Ti, but I can see copper color beneath the paint. Wife's is the same, but I had no reason to disassemble it, plus, she would beat me :) Anyway, paint is applied really well.

Right, but casting & finishing is far more complicated with Ti, no?

D

Guest Sql_pl

Interesting news.

Have to say that with 3 pieces that I have here I have zero issues at all.

One of the phones is used by my father, he beats sh** out of everything he uses (especially watches) - I noticed some scratches on his phone last time I've seen it but no brass showing from beneath for sure.

Will have to check it next time I have it in my hands.

My piece is perfect so far but I am careful with it.

Any other people have same experiences as Dean?