When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

which omega should i buy

blade007

hiya guys,

I have been a closet admiror of Omega but never dared to own/wear one due to the same taboo factor that Rolex suffers from. However, after reading through the Omega buying guide and having looked through so many sexy looking omegas I think its time for me to come out of the closet with a little help from u all..

This is what I am after:

~42mm

sapphire

eta

AR

super-rep (accurate to gen)

Anything you can recomend?

You could go with the 42mm PO and mod it with a gen dial/hands/insert/crystal. Or the bigger 45mm UPO which you can mod until you're broke.

i really like the 42mm PO, perfect size and i digg the design of it too. I am not so good with mods and being in UK is a bit of a pain to send watches offshore for modding. Is there anything that is worthy out of the box?

hmm it looks like there are many choices in the gen world, but i wanted to find one in the rep world. I love the look of PO and railmaster. personally, i think 45mm is a tad over the size i am comfortable wearing. For me 42mm would be the limit. so any super-reps that fall into this category?

As has been mentioned, read By-tors guide.

The 4th gen PO would be your best starting point, then send the crystal off for a double AR coating, and you are good to go. Not as good as some of the reps we are seeing today, but still a great rep nonetheless. If you want to go one step further, a genuine bezel insert would look great.

However, after reading through the Omega buying guide

Anything you can recomend?

hiya guys, I have read through the by-tor guide and thats what got me started probing the omega quest in the first place. My understanding so far is that no matter what I get I will have to go through the modding process. Is there nothing out of the box thats worthy of a super-rep? I know this is a very vague term, but I am trying to quantify it against my criteria above!

I might go and try the 45mm UPO to get a feeling for the size, I am just scared of the 45mm in terms of size.

Thanks

Edited by blade007