When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

More people know about reps than I thought!

Dutchy

Wow. I love how I posted about seeing a poor guy with a fake submariner and quietly informing him its fake because it had a quartz movement, with noone else around mind you, and I get chased right out of here very violently. And then this guy over here calls out people he doesnt even know on their fakes in front of THEIR friends and noone says a word.

.... but far be it from me to make an assumption that this may in fact be *gasp* BIASED!

why are you still here get the [censored] away loser.

I had a guy in at work the other day from the owner's office wearing a canal street rep. I noticed it immediately but I did not say anything negative. I said nice watch and he took it off and showed it to me and fessed up. We had a nice watch chat after that and I found out he was quite the horologist and knew quite a bit about reps and gens. I brought in a few of my best reps and gens mixed in a box and asked which was which and he nailed all but one. He called even called the Skyland right!

hmmm guys.....you forgot the people who have enough to buy thousands of gens...Most people are experiencing people who they meet who earn in the range of less than a 1,000,000 a year.

I gifted my father a nice perfect patek phillipe rep for his collection of gens (pp complications) and he never wears it...

"there are those with hundreds of thousands, and those with hundreds of millions....(There's a big [censored]ing difference..)

America is divided....

One giant middle class. $35,000-$500,000 a year

and the other section:

Over

Edited by jcmiro

I gifted my father a nice perfect patek phillipe rep for his collection of gens (pp complications) and he never wears it...

jc - That was very nice of you to give your father a PP rep. But I have never seen such a thing as a perfect rep, especially a few-hundred dollar rep that was fashioned to replicate the fit & finish of a $15k+ hand-made PP. And, frankly, as I read this I could not help thinking to myself, 'Why does it surprise him that his father never wears the rep?' :whistling:

i have quite a few gens but more reps. i think more often i actually wear the reps.

i'm big into rollies- so i have gotten almost every single model they make. i have a bunch

of DJ's and subs. i would never be able to afford all those gens. to me the reps are like

shoes- i wear them to match my clothes.

also- the security thing is a biggie. when i travel i never take the expensive stuff.

usually a tag quartz and a couple of TT subs or something.

Wow. I love how I posted about seeing a poor guy with a fake submariner and quietly informing him its fake because it had a quartz movement, with noone else around mind you, and I get chased right out of here very violently. And then this guy over here calls out people he doesnt even know on their fakes in front of THEIR friends and noone says a word.

.... but far be it from me to make an assumption that this may in fact be *gasp* BIASED!

The big difference was, you called out a janitor for wearing a rep because you felt people of his station in life wearing Rolex were devaluing the brand for big players like you when in fact, you were also wearing a rep while claiming it to be a gen...and then you go on to tell his boss about the rep behind his back.

The original poster called out the rep in front of friends who were engaged in an horological discussion and were actually interested in how to spot reps, and the quality of the items.

Friendly and common interest based "calling out" vs. malicious one-up-manship...big difference!!

CGJ could you PLEASE, PLEASE just stop whining and "forget" whatever password you use to log into the forum? I think we've made it clear that you're not wanted here and I'm amazed you have time to associate with the rest of us "Lowlifes" when you're the 16th highest producer in your company and on track to make 200K this year and rent a luxury apartment, etc, etc. I also thought you posted something saying "This will be my last post."

You're also a liar as your first post in that excuse for a thread you started, you're calling a gentleman out who had no interest in watches, who didn't know you, and who clearly didn't care. You also mentioned it to his boss and tried to pass your fake Rolex off as a real one.

I seriously hope that you and jetmid hop on your jets and fly very far away to some exclusive island that jetmid owns that doesn't have internet access for a 10-15 year vacation.

There are AT LEAST three reasons people who can afford gens buy reps.

2) They are big into watches, and they own several gens, but cannot justify spending the scores of thousands it would cost to own all of the gen watches they want.

I fall into the second category.

I fall into that one as well. Have a couple gens but there's no way I could justify spending what I'd really have to spend to get all the ones I'd like (couldn't afford that anyway)