When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any experience with hosted MS exchange 2007

Admin

Any of you guys have any experience with any good, reliable and affordable companies offering exchange hosting? Preferable in the EU!

I'm sitting here wondering if I should go through with all the trouble (and cost) of setting up my own exchange server or just outsource this.

I use 1and1 now, and have used Mail2web.

Mail2web has a free service you can sign up for to try it first. You don't get your own domain name on the free account.

Mail2web was good, but 1and1 was cheaper for the equivalent mailbox sizes which is why I went with them.

If you can avoid it, I would not recommend hosting your own Exchange server. They are a pain in the a$$ to administer.

Edited by tomhorn

I use 1and1 - have for several years - love them.

For hosted exchange, been using them for 2 yrs - been same as my other coverage

the company i had previously i used Asp-one.com - they use a great spam service called mxlogic - which is freaking phenomenal - you must use a pre-server spam service if you have lots of users

mxlogic requires like 30 accts before you can directly contract with them

asp-one was more high end than 1and1 - but at twice the price, so you just have to decide what you need - if its a corp environment and the few bucks isn't a big deal - go with asp-one if its small small stuff, 1and1 works well for me

Prior to this, i tried doing my own exchange server which was a freaking nightmare its a full time job to maintain it and fight off virus attacks

i've been doing hosted exchange since 2002 - great service

:)

I am run Exchange and would not recommend the do it yourself route, especially since we upgraded to 2007. It is quite different in the management console than previous versions and until they released SP1 a ton of commands had to be done via command line because they were too lazy to finish the UI. It is quite heavy on the resources it wants as well. It baffled me why I had to buy a 64 bit server for it and then spent months typing crap in a command line. If I wanted to do that I would have left my Linux server in place.

I also would avoid 1and1 like the plague however, speaking from experience.