When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

187 unwearable

OK, That's it.

I really was tempted on this watch but no way after hearing this and the other stories on issues. I guess I was naive thinking that this one would be a better quality. I could live with the near auto-destruct 7750 chronos (as long as I left them alone) but if things are already falling off the watch then that is too much. Yes, probably not every watch will do this but how do I know?

Do you think that anyone will present a fix for this? I would guess that our dealers would not be able to do this but I don't know.

I will wait on this one.

Usil

Admin,

How did you safely remove the remaining ones with out scratching them all to hell?

Jon :g:

I'm curious myself.

I'm starting to think that everyone who bought a 187 should get a bag of bezel markers with the watch . . . it's the only way to ensure wearability . . .

What I did was I heated the watch up by immersing it in hot water, then quickly removed the watch from the water and slowly, carefully pryed each marker off with a very flat ended screwdriver on the side. It required only a little force, because it appears that the heat had already softened the adhesive up a little.

Then, you remove any residue from the prior attachment on the markers and on the bezel itself.

After, you apply a thin layer of epoxy on the bottom of the marker using a toothpick, and carefully set the marker back in its place, give it a hard press, and let it dry for 24 hours to allow enough time for the epoxy to cure.

That's just my experience and results, yours may differ.

What I did was I heated the watch up by immersing it in hot water, then quickly removed the watch from the water and slowly, carefully pryed each marker off with a very flat ended screwdriver on the side. It required only a little force, because it appears that the heat had already softened the adhesive up a little.

Then, you remove any residue from the prior attachment on the markers and on the bezel itself.

After, you apply a thin layer of epoxy on the bottom of the marker using a toothpick, and carefully set the marker back in its place, give it a hard press, and let it dry for 24 hours to allow enough time for the epoxy to cure.

That's just my experience and results, yours may differ.

I wonder if you can use the solvent they sell to remove epoxied-on crystals...dab it on w/ a Q-tip.

Well, it's been less than a week and somehow last night I've lost 3 bezel markers, the 2 surrounding 30 and the one above 45. I'm very bummed, hopefully EL can send out replacements though I don't like the regluing idea. Reps!

sorry to hear that..i will defnitely check the bezel markers when i get the watch...and i'll stick them so hard that a tsunami won't make them fall off.... :lol:

Since I have yet to get a replacement bezel and/or markers for my 187 (wear and tear on the watch hasn't been a problem at least) I got bored and decided to see just how poorly applied the bezel markers are. Picking at them with my THUMBNAIL, I flicked off three more with minimal effort, I mean on the first or second try. So much for hoping the one that fell off was an aberration.

I was wondering if anyone has removed the bezel?

I want to know the set up of the spring, I was thinking if it was a similar set up to most omega bezels couldn't we just shorten the spring to get the bezel to line up on 12?

Know what you mean Bazz, I have found though that my bezel has 'settled down' with use; i.e. it's not as loose and while not aligned perfectly at 12, it will happily sit there 'mid-click' so to speak.

I had a minor problem with my pearl (marred, chipped?) and Ed has said he will send new bezel so I may try bezel swap and spring mod anyway - will keep you posted :D

*edit for typos*

Edited by docblackrock

Hey Doc, I would be interested to see what kind of set up they use, mine also sits pretty well mid click also. Its not some thing that bothered me and at this stage wont be pulling mine apart, was just thinking out loud.

Thanks for the info :)

I was thinking about picking one of these up! I think I will wait for now. Any sugestion for a pan? I love these watches!

Your inspiration starts here:

http://perfect-clones.com/panerai-c-35.html

Jos has an enviable reputation as a dealer who goes the extra mile to keep his customers happy - and offers a great range of Panerai replicas.