When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OK, im a newb, but, with your help I wont be for long.

celt247

I have been browsing here all day before posting and I can see that a number of you are very knowledgable and filling me with confidence.

I have bought a couple of reps in the past, but, in person in Istanbul on vacation.

Like there i imagine there is everything to be had from the $20 dollar "rolix" to Hakan's store who had the current year catalogues of the real thing and went through the watch detail by detail.

All of the Turkish reps I saw (and bought) had Asian innards and I was pleasantly suprised at the quality.

I am starting with the Newb List which most of you vets will smirk at probably (but i think youve been here too)

1) Omega Seamaster in blue AKA James Bond

2) Rolex Submariner Black/Black in Stainless (I'm Scottish and Connery wore one in Dr No)

3) Bell and Ross X 2 (Not sure which models yet) one is a gift for my dad who I got a rep for in the past, I will tell him its a rep I am not that kind of son :)

Please feel free to point me in the right direction and all advice is welcome

Celt247 (KELT 24/7)

Edited by celt247

nothing wrong with the list. Welcome :)

for the omega, search the board for SMP (seamaster pro). You can check out some recent posts of mine, as I just went through all the motions you are about to go through. Might save you some legwork.

The SS Sub.. You have a wide variety in this dept, and the best advise I can give you is to ask yourself what you want out of it, and get what fits the bill.

The B&R.. i'm not your man for answers.

I have been browsing here all day before posting and I can see that a number of you are very knowledgable and filling me with confidence.

I have bought a couple of reps in the past, but, in person in Istanbul on vacation.

Like there i imagine there is everything to be had from the $20 dollar "rolix" to Hakan's store who had the current year catalogues of the real thing and went through the watch detail by detail.

All of the Turkish reps I saw (and bought) had Asian innards and I was pleasantly suprised at the quality.

I am starting with the Newb List which most of you vets will smirk at probably (but i think youve been here too)

1) Omega Seamaster in blue AKA James Bond

2) Rolex Submariner Black/Black in Stainless (I'm Scottish and Connery wore one in Dr No)

3) Bell and Ross X 2 (Not sure which models yet) one is a gift for my dad who I got a rep for in the past, I will tell him its a rep I am not that kind of son :)

Please feel free to point me in the right direction and all advice is welcome

Celt247 (KELT 24/7)

for your

I just bought one my self from Josh. I got it last week and so far i'm happy. I got the newbie version of the watch for $108 free shipping with Asian movements just so i can see what the process is like. So far so good. My next submariner will probably be from him and something a little bit better quality. His site is:

http://www.pc88clone.com/

He is good at getting back to you quickly.

Ok, after much consideration and scouring of a couple of forums.... I broke my cherry

I ordered a Planet Ocean with Rubber strap from Andrew. I emailed him about a couple of watches and he was very helpful and pretty honest about certain quality differrences between Swiss and Asian. so I thought i would try this watch in Asian to see how the whole process takes shape before ordering anything else.

Already I can see that you are a passionate bunch with a lot of group morale. (Unlike my350z.com who i am also an avid member of. If you you post something dumb, the wolves desend quickly with the FAIL attacks).

I am a keen car modder, and am amazed by the whole franken thing.

BTW you all use to many TLA's (three letter acronims) I am lost in half of these threads (ETA?SMP?AR?) what is AR?

I'll let you know how the rest of my first buy goes soon.

And Hearts are DEF not the $hit :D:D call your brother a Jambo from me. he should know what that is

BTW you all use to many TLA's (three letter acronims) I am lost in half of these threads (ETA?SMP?AR?) what is AR?

And Hearts are DEF not the $hit :D:D call your brother a Jambo from me. he should know what that is

http://www.timedesign.de/info/abbreviations.html

I am Swedish and I travel to Edinburgh at least twice a year to watch football.

I am not familiar with the term Jambo.

Educate me.

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.timedesign.de/info/abbreviations.html

I am Swedish and I travel to Edinburgh at least twice a year to watch football.

I am not familiar with the term Jambo.

Educate me.

Well, Hearts fans used to be referred to as Jam tarts (ryhming slang for Hearts) It then grew in to jambo about the time of the movie Rambo and it stuck. Thats the story i was told by a hearts fan??!!

BTW I bought a watch from Andrew.

Not one on my list

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45mm with black bezel and black rubber strap. Asian Model. very nice indeed especially for the money. I can now see where the money goes on a Higher end watch or swiss model. Shipped super fast too 4-5 days from order to wrist.

I am hooked

Edited by celt247