When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My trio of SMP Bonds

mars08

I have... Watch out http://www.elitedealseeker.com/index.cgi?category=watches

1000ish is highly possible.

Damn, takashi....where did u get the gen case? Offrei? Super nice with that bezel but u should find the black dial with silver around the markers and raised OMEGA logo.

crop.jpg

The third omega has one of the BEST crown guards I've seen on any SMP rep....very impressive.

-bosk

The case is the one from closed factory model sans bezel. The bezel is for America's Cup version (18k WG) and indeed, the original dial is black with raised Omega logo (this one is the non AC version).

I tried to have my budget as low as possible, hence using whatever available on my part box :p

The case is the one from closed factory model sans bezel. The bezel is for America's Cup version (18k WG) and indeed, the original dial is black with raised Omega logo (this one is the non AC version).

I tried to have my budget as low as possible, hence using whatever available on my part box :p

Wow.....that case is NICE...did you replace the tube? I looks just like the gen tube....and the crown guards are good too....any trimming done there? I thought the closed factory had crown guard problems. I assume that it is only the bezel insert on there since the gen bezel assembly looks different?

I'm debating the issue of further modding my SMPs but think its more practical to just get another used gen. Being flatter due the case back, the gen just sits on the wrist so much better.

-bosk

That is the whole genuine bezel assembly. No replacement on crown tube but it has missing crown. And the CG comes like that. Here is what I posted on RWI DarkSide:

I decided to give this project one more go... I would say after several attempts, the results have been unsatisfactory. I ended up buying the gen article.

This time round, I manage to secure a case from the closed down factory (thanks to triplehd, to part with such precious parts). However, it is still incomplete.

This what I have at the moment:

1. Case + caseback without bezel. Correct He valve placement and seems to have correct dimension too.

2. Crystal. No glass bottle effect!

3. No crown.

4. Movement retainer ring without dust cover.

5. Genuine Omega SMP full size white gold bezel.

6. Genuine Omega SMP 007 Bond dial, need some restoration on the lume.

This is what I am going to do:

1. Order genuine crown and tube.

2. Order genuine hand sets.

3. Attach the bezel to the case (this has a few challenges).

4. Try to find the dust cover (I am sure I have this but not with me at the moment).

5. Buy an ETA2824 stem as well as caseback gasket.

Since this will be a fantasy model (no 007 comes with white gold bezel... at the moment), I have decided to get a sword hand (like on those America's Cup version) instead of a normal SMP hand (with hole in the middle and minimal lume).

Current problem is with attaching genuine bezel to this case. It seems that the dimension is very good/precise but the construction is slightly different. The bezel spring is held by a nylon gasket on this replica! This nylon gasket needs to be glued to the case in order to secure it. Another problem is the crystal is not properly pressed. I will fix all this after I got the complete parts (i.e.: gen crown and crown tube). Stay tune!

Drill?? No need. Sadly I have no pictures of the assembly but I can confirm that what you need is only epoxy to glue the nylon retainer ring to the case.

Here is what I have so far. I am waiting for the gen parts and this will be up and running. By the way, I use my genuine Omega SMP to get the rubber strap on deployant (in Titanium tho)... I will call this watch Omega Seamaster Pro 007 Replica GST (Gold, Steel, Titanium <-- like on IWC GST) Limited edition 1/1 only :lol: I will get the caseback side engraved like limited edition model.

This will be one of a kind definitely.

P9050007.jpg

P9050010.jpg

P9050010.jpg

P9050027.jpg

P9050029.jpg

P9050032.jpg