When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why no Aquatimer in Ti?

RobbieG

I agree and I was surprised to hear that. I have had a few watches with the ST18 and the quality of the movement seemed fine to fine even under 10 power. I have also inspected their 7750 clone and that looks nice too - plus the hands will swap without broaching I believe so if reps had those 7750 transplants would be a piece of cake. Again, I was very surprised to hear anything negative about Seagull - quality wise...

Well, that will become much clearer then. However, I am still can't believe his reasoning on Seagull ST18 movement. It's not fragile and it works pretty well (on VCO, a few Patek, really early batch of SMP closed factory and FM). I believe there are more reps which use this movement but it's rare. Even cousinsuk has this movement for quite a high price (about 40 poundsterling).

Yes, it's thinner than ETA2824-2 or 2836-2 but this is the attribute of this movement (ETA2892-A2 is thinner too). That doesn't mean that this is a bad movement.

If you deduce from that, simply cost rather than availability that is hindering the repmakers from using this movement.

I am not familiar. What is WM9 YM? I am aware of the Seagull 2892 clone though. They used it in the Aqua Terra rep also. I had on and it was nice. So they do use them just not that much and the 2824's and 2836's get the nod. The simple answer is probably that the fake ETA's are cheaper than they can buy real Seagulls for so they choose those. You may be right that the quality may have nothing to do with it and that is just and excuse for all dollars and cents...

hmmm? we cool Rob?

Another example, take a look at WM9 Yachtmaster. That is actually Seagull movement. Not ETA like what he described.

Perhaps it is just me, but it irks me when the thread police get in the way of a cordial conversation.

Its not just you. The Rob-attacks are a bit old.

Rob you're a good seed. The topic is an interesting one to mull over. Anyone that spends too much time here will feel unappreciated at some point though, it happens.

Especially someone as long winded as you :lol:

ahaha and what would a Rob thread be without me telling you I love you? ;)

I have absolutely nothing against the OP. I simply clicked on this new thread, because the topic interested me. However, after reading the information presented, I felt compelled to call

bsflagrz8.gif

...not on the poster, but rather on his source...because his specific reasons are simply not credible.

I will point out that there is a fine line on the board between what is presented as rumor, and what is accepted as fact. We should all be very careful to distinguish between the two when posting, particularly when starting new threads.

Well - it doesn't surprise me that this poster gets called out. RobbieGees "sources" have been questionable in the past and he was caught in a lie over at RG & RWI (he later went back and edited his threads to take out the incriminating posts, but I have them copied and archived)

Bottom line - the guys a BULL$hitter... He just regurgitates stuff he reads on the web and if he get's called out, instead of backing his claims up, he goes all jihad on you.

You really didn't think we weren't keeping an eye on you, did you Mr. Gee?

First off Jake, who is "we"? You don't ever post here and moreover you are no party to this discussion. But I guess I have to smile and LOVE my fan club. So devoted. Lo-Cal Jake is the President. Gotta Love Jake. His signature on RG is "Real World Baby". Can you imagine? Dontcha mean "Rep World" there - um - Jake?

More importantly is ANY mod here at the REAL forum gonna recongnize this for what it is and repremand this guy? I mean seriously, once again his contribution has exactly ZERO value to this thread. This is totally uncalled for. I'm sure we are above this stuff here, no?

Well - it doesn't surprise me that this poster gets called out. RobbieGees "sources" have been questionable in the past and he was caught in a lie over at RG & RWI (he later went back and edited his threads to take out the incriminating posts, but I have them copied and archived)

Bottom line - the guys a BULL$hitter... He just regurgitates stuff he reads on the web and if he get's called out, instead of backing his claims up, he goes all jihad on you.

You really didn't think we weren't keeping an eye on you, did you Mr. Gee?

First off Jake, who is "we"? You don't ever post here and moreover you are no party to this discussion. But I guess I have to smile and LOVE my fan club. So devoted. Lo-Cal Jake is the President. Gotta Love Jake. His signature on RG is "Real World Baby". Can you imagine? Dontcha mean "Rep World" there - um - Jake?

More importantly is ANY mod here at the REAL forum gonna recongnize this for what it is and repremand this guy? I mean seriously, once again his contribution has exactly ZERO value to this thread. This is totally uncalled for. I'm sure we are above this stuff here, no?

Anybody that would like to see the evidence I have about this guy feel free to PM me.

This is his MO=

Long blow hard post to boost his ego - usually some reference to his "inside sources" Gens, income or extravagant life style.

When he gets called out he first claims victim (see above)

Then tries and makes the other person out to be a bad evil person (see above)

When this doesn't work, the threats start - Foul mouthed PM's - lawsuits (I have the proof)

Don't say I didn't warn you...

Your not worth my time Mr. Gee. You need help bro..

Again, Jake please heed BT's warning. If I'm not worth your time why do you continue to post here off topic? I have evidence of my own BTW although I wish I didn't. Stuff like this is precicely why I am here alone and quit the other forums. It simply doesn't happen here and we won't stand for it.

Anyway, please tell us something about the AT if you would. This is an educational thread and there have been some great posts here to that effect. Feel free to interact with us about the watch as we would love to learn more. You can play in our sandbox. We will always rise above and be friendly to all here at RWG - even to those who disagree or dislike us. That is the RWG difference. And I'm being serious. Bygones be bygones. I called a truce with you guys long ago and I think it is time you did the same brother.

Anybody that would like to see the evidence I have about this guy feel free to PM me.

This is his MO=

Long blow hard post to boost his ego - usually some reference to his "inside sources" Gens, income or extravagant life style.

When he gets called out he first claims victim (see above)

Then tries and makes the other person out to be a bad evil person (see above)

When this doesn't work, the threats start - Foul mouthed PM's - lawsuits (I have the proof)

Don't say I didn't warn you...

Your not worth my time Mr. Gee. You need help bro..

well... the AMG Ingenieur was made in titanium, both chrono and non-chrono... IWC GST Chrono before that... and if they are happy to use a "platinum coating" on Big Bangs, why not work on a titanium IWC Aquatimer... I'm sure there'd be a demand for the chrono and non-chrono versions now that the mechanism is replicable :g:

Yeah, that is why I asked the question about the watch in the first place. I thought the GST was a great success - I had one (not as cool as Pug's, but hey...). And you are right about the AMG - I forgot about that one. And the points about the inner bezel not needing to be Ti are noted in this post - thanks. I guess it just must be a cost factor. Most likely they just can't get the price they used to on the material. Hey, this might be a good time for some nostalgia. Presenting the GST Ti. This is why we wish they did more Ti watches. They just executed it SO well...

GST10.jpg

GST3.jpg

GST5.jpg

well... the AMG Ingenieur was made in titanium, both chrono and non-chrono... IWC GST Chrono before that... and if they are happy to use a "platinum coating" on Big Bangs, why not work on a titanium IWC Aquatimer... I'm sure there'd be a demand for the chrono and non-chrono versions now that the mechanism is replicable :g: