When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are the solid 18k worth it?

xxl17

Wanted to get everyones thoughts on these two reps that I am thinking of getting for my father since there are no good Lange 1 reps (thnaks everyone for the info on that) $1600 to me seems pretty expensive for a rep. Being new to this I wanted some verterans insights. Do you think these are worth it? Are they really solid 18k? If so which of the two do you think is the better watch? I searched for info on them here before I made this post and couldn't find any. Thanks

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...products_id=941

or

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...products_id=939

Thanks

AD

For me, it is worth it because I am always in pursuit of great replicas. I have had several solid gold reps and to me they were worth the money.

On the other hand as a gift, you can get plenty of great genuine watches under $2,000. If you are going to spend that kind of money on a gift make sure it is a gen. Most people would appreciate a gen more than an overpriced fake. Us rep collectors are a rare breed.

I wouldn't bother with either of those particular models. The Patek looks fake from 50 feet away. Not only is it a fantasy model, but it doesn't even look like a watch Patek would make. It's VERY rare to see a Patek with hands colored differently than the hour markers. The crown of the Breguet is stamped "18K". Really? That's just ridiculous for what should be a perfect rep.