When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bentley 6.75

joint05

Great looking watch! Just be careful when flashing it around dealers, as anyone who knows Breits should easily be able to identify it as a rep. Simply running the chrono would be a dead giveaway ;)

Wear it well!

Hi!

Why is it a giveaway? it's the "Bentley 6.75" :D I own this model too, but in black. The gen version of this has the same subdial arrangement as the rep, and the gen even doesn't have a 30 secs chrono, like the standard "Bentley Motors".

Rep almost exactly same as the gen. I've tried it by four dealers till now, four of them said it's gen... (The 2nd dealer was a breitling servicer, and he busted it because of the slide rule, because on the gen the glass shouldn't move when you turn the bezel...)

Nice watch, enjoy it!

Congrats with the new purchase, it is a good rep but not one of the best Breitling reps out there. I would say the bad AR is the easiest way to call out this rep, also subdial spacing is pretty bad, not centered. A Breitling dealer who can`t see that this is a rep should quit his job.

BTW, don`t take the reps to AD.

Hi!

Why is it a giveaway? it's the "Bentley 6.75" :D I own this model too, but in black. The gen version of this has the same subdial arrangement as the rep, and the gen even doesn't have a 30 secs chrono, like the standard "Bentley Motors".

Rep almost exactly same as the gen. I've tried it by four dealers till now, four of them said it's gen... (The 2nd dealer was a breitling servicer, and he busted it because of the slide rule, because on the gen the glass shouldn't move when you turn the bezel...)

Nice watch, enjoy it!

hmm.. lack of AR ..anyone?? .. that is the first I notice..but hey I may be wrong..

here is the 6.75's friend "GT" with double AR from Jakub...

gt2.jpg

- tazz

Edited by tazzman

• 4 weeks later...
Great looking watch! Just be careful when flashing it around dealers, as anyone who knows Breits should easily be able to identify it as a rep. Simply running the chrono would be a dead giveaway ;)

Wear it well!

Newbie so forgive me. I am pursuing almost perfection. looking for info not having a dig. Why would the chrono be a big giveaway? Just cause of the 30sec aspect or some other reason?

Also please dont take offence bro but the sub dials on that 6.75 look pretty bad to me. In particular @9. Just sent mine back to josh cause mine was the same. (slightly worse actually) but all the same couldnt live with it. Josh been great by the way. nobody is perfect. Is this a common inconsistentcy with this model.

I also thought the ar on the White 6.75 was good. I had an origional (pre bankruptcy) and from what I can remember my rep was spot on. but I am a newbie after all, so humbly accept any correction.

Wear it well!

I'm definitely pretty new to the Bentley so excuse my dumb question here.

What is the dead giveaway on the operation of the Chrono?

The subdial arrangement looks pretty on from the pics I can see on the Breitling for Bentley site...font looks decent, hand length fine, etc.

The biggest tells from what I understand are what was mentioned above, that the crystal shouldn't rotate when you move the slide rule bezel, and from what I can tell the date font is thinner and bigger on the rep than the gen.

I love that caseback though.

Awesome pics!!!!

The 6.75 is my favorite watch right now by far. The only thing it needs is double AR and its pretty much dead on. If the factories fixed the AR problem on these.. it would be an absolutely AMAZING watch right out of the box.

Heres mine with the Cheiftain double AR... you cant see the crystal at all under most conditions.. just awesome

IMG_4573.jpg

IMG_4608.jpg

I'm definitely pretty new to the Bentley so excuse my dumb question here.

What is the dead giveaway on the operation of the Chrono?

The subdial arrangement looks pretty on from the pics I can see on the Breitling for Bentley site...font looks decent, hand length fine, etc.

The biggest tells from what I understand are what was mentioned above, that the crystal shouldn't rotate when you move the slide rule bezel, and from what I can tell the date font is thinner and bigger on the rep than the gen.

I love that caseback though.

Hi!

The 6.75, GT, and flying B chrono models do have the same subdial arrangement and chrono features as per the gen. The motors and motors T have a wrong subdial arrangement (secs at 9 isn't okay...) and they should have a 30 secs chronograph. That means that the chrono second hand should travel around the dial in 30 seconds, with 1/8 sec accuracy... The reps do not have this function.

Video of the gen running the chrono (standard bentley motors):

gen motors T (same, only bezel is different):

Hope this helps.

Greetz.

Edited by yodap

The 6.75, GT, and flying B chrono models do have the same subdial arrangement and chrono features as per the gen. The motors and motors T have a wrong subdial arrangement (secs at 9 isn't okay...) and they should have a 30 secs chronograph. That means that the chrono second hand should travel around the dial in 30 seconds, with 1/8 sec accuracy... The reps do not have this function.

Aaaah...all clear now. I was wondering if the rep had a 30s chrono...I didn't think the A7750 could do this. Thanks!

• 5 months later...
hmm.. lack of AR ..anyone?? .. that is the first I notice..but hey I may be wrong..

here is the 6.75's friend "GT" with double AR from Jakub...

gt2.jpg

- tazz

The mistakes with the 6.75 rep are, the date window is too big. On a gen the big date window ends inbetween the B and G in breitling written under the date window, also the outer ring is too thick/wide compared to the gen, other than it's pretty good.

I have seen on some reps that the slideruler is not calculating right. I have a ChronoMatic with the E6B-slide ruler and it is not calculating right. On several reps I have seen the same mistake. The Bentley slideruler is not working in the same way so it is not so easy for me to take some mistakes on the picture. (But consult Toads good Guide to the SlideRuler). If you know how it works it is easy to spot a rep. If you slideruler works right it is the best way to make calculations!

Any way your watch is a nice and flashy watch!

(Just enough "circus"!) 8-D

The mistakes with the 6.75 rep are, the date window is too big. On a gen the big date window ends inbetween the B and G in breitling written under the date window, also the outer ring is too thick/wide compared to the gen, other than it's pretty good.

Yup,to me the crooked datewheels are the biggest flaw,that and the thinner datefont with wrong color (though not bad),aside from what you mention,the larger windows etc...

• 1 month later...
I'm starting to think that I've got to get one of these, been looking for a couple days though I'll have to do a little more research first. If I do, it'll have to be one with a nice heavy leather band, those crookity links bug the hell out of me!

Great mind, ThinkBachs. I am thinking of getting one. Just waiting for the local group buy to start again. Bentley 6.75, Daddy's coming! :D

• 3 weeks later...

nice watch! :D

I'm on the look out for one of these - as my first rep - can I safely assume that if I'm going to buy a rep, it's a watch I could wear everyday? Or something like this 6.75 just wouldn't last and wouldn't tell the time properly after a couple of days/weeks ?

This was also my first watch (but in black). It's been reliable, I had to send it in for a full service after 9 months. But you know how this goes in the rep game... Yours might be fine even for five years, or only for a week or less...