When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM187

shultz

Hi,

I'll go to purchase a 187 but I am afraid I could loose the bezel markers which was my sad experience with the arktos. I would appreciate it if the 187 owners could tell me (and of course all the other forum members :D ) how the quality of the 187 bezel especially the markers is.

Thanks a lot

Hi,

I'll go to purchase a 187 but I am afraid I could loose the bezel markers which was my sad experience with the arktos. I would appreciate it if the 187 owners could tell me (and of course all the other forum members :D ) how the quality of the 187 bezel especially the markers is.

Thanks a lot

Same for me too, dude...

Any advice from 187 owners? :huh:

Same for me too, dude...

Any advice from 187 owners? :huh:

Personally I was TRYING to take the markers off to use a better glue and I couldn't without being afraid that I will scratch the bezel.

Probably in mine they used ga good amount of glue. :rolleyes:

Personally I was TRYING to take the markers off to use a better glue and I couldn't without being afraid that I will scratch the bezel.

Probably in mine they used ga good amount of glue. :rolleyes:

Well, good for you if they did... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Do the markers look like they've been set into recessed portions, or just stuck onto the flat surface of the bezel? Can't really tell from the pix I've seen so far... :blink:

Well, good for you if they did... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Do the markers look like they've been set into recessed portions, or just stuck onto the flat surface of the bezel? Can't really tell from the pix I've seen so far... :blink:

I can't tell it for the 187 but my arktos came with recessed portions (but of course the glue was lousay... lost several markers). As far as I understood the 187's bezel has got recessed portions, too.

The markers are recessed and they are probably all glued the same. The glue appears to be a high viscosity superglue or expoxy. High vicosity meaning thin and unable to bridge gaps. So if the bezel markers didn't sit 100% perfectly in their seats eventually you will see problems. Some probably sooner than others. Otherwise this is what will probably happen to the others. The first time your rep gets hot from being exposed to the sun, excercise, or whatever the glue gets loose and all it will take is for you to tap your watch across something and you'll be missing two or three!

I took the advice of another forum member. I submerged (yes it is water resistant!) my watch in warm water for a few minutes. Then CAREFULLY removed all the bezel markers with some precision pliers that are not groved so not to scar. With a litte force and care you will hear them crack loose.

I've since then reattached each marker with Metalset A4 Resin Epoxy (thanks RBJ)! This stuff is the stuff they patch bulletholes with on military helicopters, so yeah its tough! Its actually a two part cement epoxy tht contains aluminum as well as other materials that take well to metals. It also dries very very tough!

Anyway, to each his own but I wanted to take action before I had a problem because I really love this watch!

Good luck!

Jon :victory:

......just to second what BigNasty posted.

Take care of the tiny things before you have to search them in your carpet.

For those who are afraid to submerge the watch in hot water...just use a normal hairdryer, the hot air will also help to remove the glue a bit.

I will reglue all my bezel markers as soon as my 187er will hit my doorsteps.

Good luck,

Theo

I thought I saw someone say the markers on the 187 were attched with pins or screws or somthing as well as glue...

That was the more expensive watchhonpo 187 rep from a few months back. The current 187 is glue only, as I've had the misfortune to discover.