When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

a correct Santos 100 DIAL

halley

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I think they needed a big resolution scan of the original watch (I guess a front scan of course). One person here tried to do it but didn't achieve the desire scan quality.

I have an old friend who has the original watch Santos 100, that's why I wanted this watch. I'm gonna try to contact him, he's pretty cool, he won't mind me taking the watch for a couple of hours. I have a really nice scanner, can someone tell me how to scan the watch to achieve the desire out come? Thanks.

So, I think they needed a big resolution scan of the original watch (I guess a front scan of course). One person here tried to do it but didn't achieve the desire scan quality.

I have an old friend who has the original watch Santos 100, that's why I wanted this watch. I'm gonna try to contact him, he's pretty cool, he won't mind me taking the watch for a couple of hours. I have a really nice scanner, can someone tell me how to scan the watch to achieve the desire out come? Thanks.

Make it so.

With a custom dial the Santos would be back on the top of my list

• 1 month later...

Ok...

I know I am again trying to bring back a dead thread in hopes of making the correct santos dial but I want to put another suggestion out there for people to consider

Why don't we take this dial and make a scan of it to send to davidson?

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic....p=233903#233903

This dial is by far the best version out there.

1. The words "Cartier" and "Automatic" are spaced correctly finally.

2. The roman numberals are very close to perfect (almost anyway)

3. The "Swiss Made" under the roman numberal 6 is not correct but that should be a easy fix for a custom dial.

4. It still is printed on a wave pattern dial but that should be and easy fix also...just don't print the stupid thing on a wave pattern blank dial <_<

I think this is about as good an option as we have for this project that is almost dead..... :1a:

Ok...

I know I am again trying to bring back a dead thread in hopes of making the correct santos dial but I want to put another suggestion out there for people to consider

Why don't we take this dial and make a scan of it to send to davidson?

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic....p=233903#233903

This dial is by far the best version out there.

1. The words "Cartier" and "Automatic" are spaced correctly finally.

2. The roman numberals are very close to perfect (almost anyway)

3. The "Swiss Made" under the roman numberal 6 is not correct but that should be a easy fix for a custom dial.

4. It still is printed on a wave pattern dial but that should be and easy fix also...just don't print the stupid thing on a wave pattern blank dial <_<

I think this is about as good an option as we have for this project that is almost dead..... :1a:

That's a great idea, and the numbers can be improved by someone good at Illustrator, too, whic sadly I'm not. I think there is someone who will probably do a better job than Davidsen, though. If someone is going to take on the graphics piece of this project, please PM me and I'll share some good info on how to actually get the dial made.

so here is a picture of the template we will start with.

265981-4503.jpg

Here is the updated dial version that all the dealers have and is still way off.

265981-4504.jpg

gen on the left and improved Asian movement dial on the right. If david can correct a couple flaws on the dial on the right everything should be done. The dial on the right is already being produced by a factory it just needs a couple tweeks to give us a perfect dial.

• 3 months later...