When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

a correct Santos 100 DIAL

halley

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Illustrator CS2 has those kinds of things built in, but they're not that effective. I had a quick search and couldn't find anything, but usually when I need a logo in vector format that's difficult to find, it's possible to search in Google for a pdf that contains Cartier in the title (for example). Often companies use press releases / brochures that have a vector logo for printing, so you may be able to find one that has this style Cartier logo? In Acrobat, zoom in on the logo and if it's a vector, the lines remain sharp - then save it to your computer, open it in Illustrator and copy over the logo and you're done. That's the easy part, it's finding the pdf in the first place that takes the time!

Google was not aware of any PDFs on cartier.com and looking through all the PDFs that mentioned Santos on richemont.com did not yield anything useful.

Except for this: press.office@richemont.com

Who is in a position to contact Richemont directly and request some PDF press releases? :)

Even the press releases use the other font for the logo - I found several of them, but all use the script.

http://bor.x-cago.com/bmg/20050428/pages/0...28-01039001.pdf

Keep looking!

I give up! The closest font on my computer is Bell MT, once it's reproportioned it looks as close as I can get - in Illustrator you can convert it to an outline and modify the points to make it exactly the same as the one Cartier uses. This'll take a while, I'm not sure if I'll get time this week to do it (I don't even like Cartier anyway!!), I'll keep you updated with any progress.

Thanks to anyone involved, great news to see the project is not dying but I am amazed at how difficult it is, if this project ever comes to an happy ending, the dial will certainly be one of the best ever seen!!!

Kudos to all, I'm looking around if I can find a OEM santos dial but no luck so far...

Dw is still willing to help on the production of the Cartier Dial if needed.

Great work Pugwash!

Sadly, the roman numerals are different from the ones on the Santos 100. The ones you cleaned up are from a Dumont (i think) and are not bold enough, and a little too far apart.

Can you clean up the wallpaper sized Santos 100 dial i posted earlier in the thread? Maybe that would help.

Pugwash's pic might work--I erased the "cartier" from the pic and sent it to an artist who's been working with me on another project along w/ a pic of the gen dial. I asked him to see if he could turn P.'s pic into an .ai file of the genuine, minus the fonts. No word from him yet. He works for a print shop, so there's no way he'll be able to do the "cartier" for us, but at least he'll be able to tell us whether the numerals in Pugwash's file can be manipulated to match the OEM. BTW, If he can do so, it will cost $68, which I will gladly pay as long as someone else agrees to work on the "C-a-r-t-i-e-r" font.

Pugwash's pic might work--I erased the "cartier" from the pic and sent it to an artist who's been working with me on another project along w/ a pic of the gen dial. I asked him to see if he could turn P.'s pic into an .ai file of the genuine, minus the fonts. No word from him yet. He works for a print shop, so there's no way he'll be able to do the "cartier" for us, but at least he'll be able to tell us whether the numerals in Pugwash's file can be manipulated to match the OEM. BTW, If he can do so, it will cost $68, which I will gladly pay as long as someone else agrees to work on the "C-a-r-t-i-e-r" font.

But the numerals from Pugs pic are for the Dumont, and are too thin. Unless Your friend is gonna manipulate them to make them bolder and more similar to the santos font, in which case ill just shut my big fat mouth! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...