When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Omega SMP chronograph?

Mickey Padge

I was hoping to scoop up and SMP chrono soon and was hoping to get the new version but with the obvious logo problems thats out and Ofrie wants $300+ for the gen dial.

A question the old version with the white Seamaster text. Did the Gen of this version have the line through OMEGA? Also the white version has the clown feet logo is that a mistake or did the gen have the clown feet as well?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question the old version with the white Seamaster text. Did the Gen of this version have the line through OMEGA? Also the white version has the clown feet logo is that a mistake or did the gen have the clown feet as well?

The "line through the logo" feature to which you refer is only on the new models/versions. I can't speak so definitively on the logo. I have a gen SMP 300m, but I'd need a magnifying glass to see something that minute.

Is this a gen??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-Seamaster-Profes...id=p3286.c0.m14

It appears to have the clown feet logo and no line through the OMEGA. If it is gen the the older version with the white "Seamaster" text is correct right??

Very positive that it's a gen. Can tell from bracelet quality, case and caseback quality as well as dial and crown and pearl.

This is the older version that we are talking about with white Seamaster text and the Omega logo is not made of metal.

Very positive that it's a gen. Can tell from bracelet quality, case and caseback quality as well as dial and crown and pearl.

This is the older version that we are talking about with white Seamaster text and the Omega logo is not made of metal.

Correct, so this version of the rep would be pretty close to gen right

http://www.joshwatch.com/omse10008-300m-pr...800-p-1933.html

Correct, so this version of the rep would be pretty close to gen right

http://www.joshwatch.com/omse10008-300m-pr...800-p-1933.html

Right!

This is what we (who buy/bought the chrono rep) all have. Some got lucky with the good ETA type date font, but other than that, if they're not side by side (or being examined by an 'expert'), one can't tell the difference.

Bottom line - on your wrist, even examined up close by 99.99% of folks with whom you will come into contact will not even think that it's not a gen - mostly because the assumption, unless they're informed otherwise (or if it's an obviously nasty $10 knock-off) is that it is the genuine article. You too, will be happy with the look and feel of this rep.

The "line through the logo" feature to which you refer is only on the new models/versions. I can't speak so definitively on the logo. I have a gen SMP 300m, but I'd need a magnifying glass to see something that minute.

Thats what I thought I just wanted to be sure.

Well... It still has a couple of flaws (all reps does have flaws) but have to agree that it's very close to the gen article.

You are getting a lot for this kind of money :)

Thanks, yeah I know there are flaws but I think a re-lume, some double AR, and new bezel insert with a better pearl would make it a knock out. Even though the gen does not have AR with that dial how could one resist.

As promised, here are some shots of the replacement bracelet from Andrew that I'm so pleased wih. You probably can't see the pins (just trust me). The extender has the proper hook which locks under the pin nicely, too (something the original didn't have).

PIC01229.jpg

PIC01233.jpg

PIC01230.jpg

PIC01231.jpg

Is the omega writing and number on the clasp there? it's hard to tell from Andrew's pics.

post-9647-1222882477_thumb.jpg

Just thought I'd jump on the band wagon and post a couple of pics of my "V1" with AR by K2222 (where is he ???)

dscn0257xn2.jpg

dscn0259jr3.jpg

(Quote: Toadtorrent) "Thanks for that. Good to hear you can get one with pins. Do you know if they finished the inside better? The old rep bracelet didn't have the cleanest finishing on the inside surface of the bracelet".

Yes, the inside of the bracelet is very clean. None of that ole sharp edge, either. The only thing I had to do was file down the lug links, as they weren't finished. This obviously wouldn't be a problem with a complete watch, but they were too wide to fit between the lugs before I took a file to them.

I caved and ordered the Black Dial ..

But this is my Blue with Chiefs AR (this is Chief's new generation AR.. no hue.. so I felt AR'ing the crystal although the genuine has no AR was going to look good.. it's jus invisible) .. Ziggy painted the hands to match the markers.. eta dw and genuine crown..

poandsmpchrono020vk1.jpg

poandsmpchrono023pb8.jpg

NICE!! What took you so long?? This one's been out for a few weeks now. :D

I'm looking forward to some proper pics of this thing now...I know you'll do us proud.

AND...be easy on The Zigmeister with all the pieces I know you're going to be shipping to him...he's gotta have sharp eyes to lume up my Cousteau!!

Anxious to see it R. I've been eying up the Black dial myself.

The Dial and case back is supposedly upgraded.. the pics may be the proto. .. we'll see..

Toadtorrent Posted Today, 03:02 PM

QUOTE (lanikai @ Oct 1 2008, 07:34 PM)

NICE!! What took you so long?? This one's been out for a few weeks now.

I'm looking forward to some proper pics of this thing now...I know you'll do us proud.

AND...be easy on Ziggy with all the pieces I know you're going to be shipping to him...he's gotta have sharp eyes to lume up my Cousteau!!

New Gym.. new enthusiasm ... 3 to 4 hours 5 day's a week ..

What Ziggy does cannot be "learned" IMO .. that would mean all of us could be famous artists ... that ma man is definately a "gift" .. you can look at Z's lume through a loupe and it looks jus as good as looking at it without a loupe..... so the morale ... Ziggy will alway's do a superb job.. he dosen't know any other way.. :D

Hey, lanikai-

That's an awesome looking example. Well done, sir!

Nice pearl, fantastic AR, and cherry topping correct DW. Did you replace the bezel insert and DW, or did you just get lucky?

Thank you

I believe this was the last upgraded SMP .. got it last year ... everything is original with the rep except the crown .. and chiefs AR..