When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I THOUGHT OF A GOOD QUESTION IN REF TO THE "PERFECT" SD THAT I GOT.

330cic

So I got a “PERFECT” SD from a VERY VERY reputable dealer. I own a GEN blue faced SUB and I gotta tell ya……….. The SD that I was wearing today is AMAZING!!!!! The weight, the accuracy of the engraving on the back. Etc etc. Today at work, I kept looking down at my wrist and said……” I cant believe it’s a REP” I even took it off and let a guy who owns a GEN hold it and check it out and he didn’t say anything but “WOW, nice watch”.

I understand that the only “PERFECT” watch is a GEN , so all you funny guys out there need not participate in the needless bantering of…..”The only perfect Rolex is a GEN”

DUH CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!!!!

I get that there are MANY manufacturers of Rolex Reps. They are about like Starbucks on every corner in the USA. They can range form the $40.00 USD Mexico bought to the ones that cost upwards of $200.00 USD and are triple wrapped gold as on the two tone SUBS. I have 5 different kinds that I have purchased and all of them from the same dealer and they are fantastic. DO NOT TAKE THIS AS AN INSULT TO THE DEALER AT ALL!!!!!! PERIOD!!!! THE DEALER IS AMAZING AND SO ARE HIS WATCHES.

So here is my question: Why is it that this SD is made so impeccably well and why can’t all Rolex reps be made to this quality?? I know it seems like a generic question but it popped into my head today while wearing my SD. Once again, we can all understand that there are many manufacturers out there and there are only a select few that make quality REPS.

Any one care to chime their 2 cents in??

Let me restate my clarity statement…….. THIS AS AN INSULT TO THE DEALER AT ALL AND MINIMIZING OF ANY OF HIS WATCHES!!!!!! THE DEALER IS AMAZING AND SO ARE ALLLLLLL OF HIS WATCHES.

“C-I-A-B-A-T-T-A …. CIABATTA …….peace out.”.

Edited by convbmw

So I got a “PERFECT” SD from a VERY VERY reputable dealer. I own a GEN blue faced SUB and I gotta tell ya……….. The SD that I was wearing today is AMAZING!!!!! The weight, the accuracy of the engraving on the back. Etc etc. Today at work, I kept looking down at my wrist and said……” I cant believe it’s a REP” I even took it off and let a guy who owns a GEN hold it and check it out and he didn’t say anything but “WOW, nice watch”.

I understand that the only “PERFECT” watch is a GEN , so all you funny guys out there need not participate in the needless bantering of…..”The only perfect Rolex is a GEN”

I get that there are MANY manufacturers of Rolex Reps. They are about like Starbucks on every corner in the USA. They can range form the $40.00 USD Mexico bought to the ones that cost upwards of $200.00 USD and are triple wrapped gold as on the two tone SUBS. I have 5 different kinds that I have purchased and all of them from the same dealer and they are fantastic. DO NOT TAKE THIS AS AN INSULT TO THE DEALER AT ALL!!!!!! PERIOD!!!! THE DEALER IS AMAZING AND SO ARE HIS WATCHES.

So here is my question: Why is it that this SD is made so impeccably well and why can’t all Rolex reps be made to this quality?? I know it seems like a generic question but it popped into my head today while wearing my SD. Once again, we can all understand that there are many manufacturers out there and there are only a select few that make quality REPS.

Let me restate my clarity statement…….. THIS AS AN INSULT TO THE DEALER AT ALL AND MINIMIZING OF ANY OF HIS WATCHES!!!!!! THE DEALER IS AMAZING AND SO ARE ALLLLLLL OF HIS WATCHES.

Is there some point in hiding the fact that you got the watch from Josh? He's the only one who sells the "PERFECT" SD.

This is one of the strangest rants ever. Good work.

This is one of the strangest rants ever

I concur.

Why is it that this SD is made so impeccably well and why can’t all Rolex reps be made to this quality

Doesnt this statement apply to about everything in the world.

This post mesmerizes me for some reason and I cant figure out why.

MG

This is one of the strangest rants ever. Good work.

And especially it´s about a Sea-Dweller. If it is a 16600, maybe the last

Rolex model that we didn´t see a decent rep of yet.

Wrong crystal, wrong HE valve..... and most horrible of all: COMPLETELY wrong case.

How can any of the SD´s out there - I´m not talking about the vintages by WM or MBW here -

be only close to perfect before they get the case right?

I really don´t get it..... they´re doing individually numbered 187´s but can´t get the

SD right that would most likely sell in much higher numbers..... strange.... :brow:

And especially it´s about a Sea-Dweller. If it is a 16600, maybe the last

Rolex model that we didn´t see a decent rep of yet.

Wrong crystal, wrong HE valve..... and most horrible of all: COMPLETELY wrong case.

How can any of the SD´s out there - I´m not talking about the vintages by WM or MBW here -

be only close to perfect before they get the case right?

What he said, and let me mention the wrong bezel also.

Thom

What he said, and let me mention the wrong bezel also.

Thom

If it's Josh's Perfect SD this guy is talking about, I got an education here prior to pulling the trigger on one as to just how inferior to the genuine ALL SD replicas are and while better than most, this one is still 3-4 glaring flaws off from "perfect". If a reputable and known dealer has cleaned up the very well known problems with the SD copies that would be VERY big news here and, I would suspect, a very big advertising boost on one of the "well known" sites. Just who is hiding this new, so called perfect SD??????

I take it that you bought Joshua's "perfect" SD and you like it. I like mine too - I have a couple of them and the one I am wearing at the moment has a black genuine stingray band with a stainless steel deployment clasp.

This is one of my consistent favorites - I cannot say that I have just one favorite as that tends to change from week to week. This particular SD is always in the top three.

Bill

All but some of you are idiots. Did you see me ask anything about any opinion on the watch ?? Did any of you read that I needed 2 cents of your thoughts of the dealer or the watch from the dealer ???

Um, NO.

LOL, it amazes me that people read what they want to read.

There is a part of the post that says......Question:

Question proposes answer. LOL, its not that deep of a post.

Bottom line......I bought it, I love it. Thats all that really that matters. I appreciate all of the feedback BUT.... There was no request for the feedback given. LOL.

All but some of you are idiots. Did you see me ask anything about any opinion on the watch ?? Did any of you read that I needed 2 cents of your thoughts of the dealer or the watch from the dealer ???

Um, NO.

Bottom line......I bought it, I love it. Thats all that really that matters. I appreciate all of the feedback BUT.... There was no request for the feedback given. LOL.

The fact that you posted your opinions at all is, in fact, a request for others opinions.

For you to rant on about how you didn't ask for anyones opinions, etc, just makes it look like your original post was a troll. If you don't want peoples opinions, don't post on a public forum, plain and simple.

Edited by GhostfaceZX

Um, NO.

Um no, we are not idiots. Some are asking questions to your first statement:

"The SD that I was wearing today is AMAZING!!!!! The weight, the accuracy of the engraving on the back. Etc etc. Today at work, I kept looking down at my wrist and said……” I cant believe it’s a REP” I even took it off and let a guy who owns a GEN hold it and check it out and he didn’t say anything but “WOW, nice watch”.

Therefore, when you make a statement like that, expect some members to ask who did you get the watch from and for some pics to see it.

Um, NO.

Holy moly!!!!!!!

You my friend are like most of the reps ive purchased in the past. You like them have a screw or two loose. LMAO

MG

Um, NO.

Um, YES.

you clearly did ask for our 2 cents/opinions...so I guess that makes YOU the idiot

The problem is, youre question is as flawed as your SD.

Your SD is not made "Impeccably well", infact there are several much, much better Rolex Reps available.

...but it is good that you like it.

Edited by Nebakanezzar

Um, NO.

I certainly agree there is a minimum of one idiot here.