When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

There you are! (do I know you?) No, but there, you are!

replicarl

Hey there hi there ho there,

What's up fellow watch enthusiasts? I'm T, love watches, always have, started getting serious only in the last few years, have a small humble collection, a few seikos... spend way too much time online reading about and ogling watches, which is bad because it's time I don't have so I usually get very little sleep.

A couple of years ago I came across a picture of a Panerai and was immediately smitten. Researching "homage" watches I mentioned my PAM infatuation to a friend who was a little more invested in watches than I was, he immediately sent me a rep. It came into his possession via a bait and switch deal online where he was taken for quite a bit of money.

ie1e01.jpg

I love it, I wear it often and show it off, most people around here have never heard of Panerai but if ever asked I have no qualms telling them it's a replica.

nbcgp0.jpg

everyone I show it to is usually more impressed by the movement, oooh shiny spinning things!

But this is not my first replica watch, I was given this Chinatown replica Rolex almost a decade ago.

103vm1j.jpg

2v7tb4m.jpg

not quite right <_<

anyhow, just wanted to say hi. I'll be here, reading, looking at pictures, drooling, trying hard not to bust out the cc and buy every hawtness that catches my eye. (Franck Muller Crazy Hours and IWC Jones are at the top of the list, though)

look forward to reading your experiences, advice and reviews.

-T

Welcome aboard replicarl!

Seems like you've already been bitten by the bug.

Enjoy your time here, and use that search button, there is a mine of info here.

Another new member recently commented that he found the LINKS button useful as well...I'm glad about that as we have put in a lot of work in that area.

You will find most of your questions have already been answered here, so search away.

Offshore

Great introductory post...and great title...one of the best I've seen. Have fun...you already sound like you know what you're getting into an that's a good thing.

I love that blinged out Chinatown Rollie...reps like that should remind us of our roots compared to the high end ones we've been seeing lately!!

Hey Guys (and Gals, if applicable)

Thanks for the warm welcome, I can feel the love :p

I will be reading and searching and all that good stuff, you won't (shouldn't) see any "newbie faux pas" from me.

The chinatown rollie still works, I'm gonna glue some more bling to it and use it for my Halloween costume.

PAMs sure are great, I think I'm gonna have to pic up one (or three more) as my budget allows. Have a couple in mind already.

And about me knowing what I'm getting into, I don't think any of us ever really know how deep the rabbit hole gets, I know I'm in for a long expensive ride, but at least with forums like this the ride will be more ups than downs.

Glad to be a part of this community, looks like a fantastic group indeed. Hopefully one day I will have something to contribute :)

-T

Edited by replicarl