When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Pilot and Little Pilot Pics

eunomians

D- As much as I like the Big Pilot, I like the little pilot more, I think :)

Great pair, BTW!

It's funny you should mention that. After all these years of collecting watches, the MK XV is still one of the most perfect watches ever made. It's truly a conceptual marvel of perfection.

As always, best regards B)

Hiya Woody! No this is the accurate version 1. I moved the power reserve hand so that my watch is not like all the other reps. The power reserve seems to be the same as 2824 or 2836. The movement is quite impressive. I will post some pics of it soon. It's a well-made watch. The AR is also very natural in appearance.

Cheers

Hiya Woody! No this is the accurate version 1. I moved the power reserve hand so that my watch is not like all the other reps. The power reserve seems to be the same as 2824 or 2836. The movement is quite impressive. I will post some pics of it soon. It's a well-made watch. The AR is also very natural in appearance.

Cheers

Euno, based on what you said, does this mean that V2 with working power reserve is actually less accurate. If so, what is different from version 1 to version 2? Thx!

Cheers

Hi Euno,

I just opened up mine to see if there are any surprises when I want to move my PR hand like yours.

And yes there is one

post-9210-1222465895_thumb.jpg

post-9210-1222465906_thumb.jpg

Some answers...

To remove the movement, you need to release the stem first. Those screws you pointed out are dial feet screws. The red arrows point to where there should be movement screws. Mine didn't have them either. No biggie. Just gently pry the movement out carefully. The movement fits snugly into the movement ring, so take your time.

V.1 is more accurate. The working Power Reserve on V.2 is in the wrong place by a few mm. The dial markers reflect this error, too. Stick with V.1 if you want an accurate dial. If you want real power reserve, go for V.2 I guess.

And get a new strap as the rep strap is cheap, sticky and stinks like plastic.

Cheers

Thanks for sharing Euno, pls ignore my pm as you have already posted your ans over here.

And Euno just to confirm, so there aren't any screws holding the movement to the watch case and I just need to release the stern to remove the movement? As for the strap, didn't know it was sticky and has unpleasant smell as some fellow members who have the watch were pretty happy with it.

Cheers!

My mov't did not have any screws to hold it to the movement ring.

My rep strap was sticky and had a horrid strong plastic scent. Not for the faint of heart/scent! ;) This watch is a nice one; and as such, it deserves a nice strap like the beautiful Strapluxe one(s) that I purchased.

Cheers

My mov't did not have any screws to hold it to the movement ring.

My rep strap was sticky and had a horrid strong plastic scent. Not for the faint of heart/scent! ;) This watch is a nice one; and as such, it deserves a nice strap like the beautiful Strapluxe one(s) that I purchased.

Cheers

Thanks for the tip sir :good:

Mine has a little glue on the movement ring (opposite side of the crown) to keeps it in place and stops it from rattling I guess.

Anyway, the pr hand is at 7 now and I also fixed the noisy rotor.

Much better! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes! :D I also picked up the same strap but with white stitching. I have not gotten around to trying it on yet. Strapluxe makes EXCELLENT straps.

Yes but I like their black and brown leathers best. The reptile version is way to shining for my tastes (although it doe slook good on my gold Steinhart B-uhr - as long as you paint the rivets black).

TimeShare