When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 whit Valjoux 72

triosLescano

What do you think about this 6263 v72 ? Is this seller affordable ?

Thanks

http://etayahonpo.jp/?pid=8058134

At today's conversion rate, you are looking at $3,287 (US dollars).

A few of points to consider. For 1 thing, Honpo only sells to buyers in Japan & nearby Asian localities. For another thing, Honpo is not the most reliable seller (opinions on the quality of his reps & accuracy of pictures/descriptions vs the watch you receive tends to vary). I also happen to believe that the movement shown is an Asian clone of the Valjoux 72 (Ziggy & others disagree). If so, it is impossible to know how reliable it is. But, assuming the movement is sound (or a modded gen V72) & with the understanding that it is not perfect, it looks like a good deal for anyone who is unable to locate all of the parts & construct it himself.

The price is fair if you get the watch in the pictures. I think it's a modified v72- the Japanese won't be the ones to copy the v72- the Chinese or Vietnamese might, but we haven't seen it yet. By the time you put all of the Rolex bridges on a v72, gather up all of the other parts and assemble it, you're bound to spend $2500-3000. But like Freddy says, will Honpo sell to you? Especially in Italy- it's not exactly easy to get things through Customs there is it?

I think it's a modified v72- the Japanese won't be the ones to copy the v72- the Chinese or Vietnamese might, but we haven't seen it yet.

I believe the components in Honpo's watches are Chinese-made. Some of his watches may be partially assembled (poorly, from what I have seen) in Japan, but the components are the same as we are getting from China.