When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

15xx pencil hour hand

kent2

Very interesting! I love the bezel. But the crystal is a little too tall for my tastes. When you say pencil hands, that puts you in the realm of the 6200, 6204, 6205 and the early 6538. The first Submariners- early to mid 50's. The Brevet crown is also very nice. A very interesting watch indeed- nice job!

it has had steel rod pounded in and soldered in lieu of spring bars. going for a naval issued dive watch homage. lots of wabi ie brass showing on bezel edge etc. parts from my, case from ndt. must point out the case was too small in diameter to accept 15xx movement by a mm. ndt advice was to shave movement, this was not taken and case was hand reamed out to accept gen movement. the reamer was made from a 1/2" triangular file and i now have a nice tool that i had been meaning to make. a little silver lining. bezel bleached and drilled to take a gen aged pearl. but could not find a good pencil hand(8mm with 130 post)