When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidon's new 111H - 177H dial is here and I own one!

tanya

I agree, there's no debate that LH has the best dial, the debate is what the actual product looks like, as I haven't seen any installed pics or reviews from people who have ordered, and of course, whether it's worth the $$$ even if it lives up to its pictures.

Want some pics?

Here's my pics.

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

LUME.jpg

Need a review? Check my review HERE

Honkeytonkman - 1. What base dial did you use? (backplate) - 2. Who did the lume for you? Your watch is complete and absolutely incredible.

Im not saying I wont buy a LH dial @ $200. I just think its expensive considering the added and hidden costs. See even if for a specific example, I used my existing 112/176 dial in my 176 which is a DSN dial. And I added LH's 112/176 top plate dial, i'd still be stuck with lume color that isn't very accurate (at least to my liking). DSN's lume on my 176 looks a little yellow compared to my flav lumed 183G - which has a dial very accurate like all LH's dials with ivory font etc and white/ivory daylight lume. This means I would need to send out my DSN dial (backplate) with LH's top plate to Vac for example (or preferably The Zigmeister) for an accurate lume. I guarantee you once all these steps are taken, and shipping is paid, your talking way over $300.. hell i'd even hazard a guess at $400.

I still want one.

Edited by elisiX

So what would be an estimate price of a "perfect" base 111, 112 etc.?

DSN's Swiss ETA 111 or 112 etc. $450.00

LH's top plate dial $250.00

V's CG $200.00

T-60's crown $50.00

Relume and assemply $200.00

We are talking nearly to $1200.00 and still have a rep. I don't think it's worth it!

Honkeytonkman - 1. What base dial did you use? (backplate) - 2. Who did the lume for you? Your watch is complete and absolutely incredible.

Im not saying I wont buy a LH dial @ $200. I just think its expensive considering the added and hidden costs. See even if for a specific example, I used my existing 112/176 dial in my 176 which is a DSN dial. And I added LH's 112/176 top plate dial, i'd still be stuck with lume color that isn't very accurate (at least to my liking). DSN's lume on my 176 looks a little yellow compared to my flav lumed 183G - which has a dial very accurate like all LH's dials with ivory font etc and white/ivory daylight lume. This means I would need to send out my DSN dial (backplate) with LH's top plate to Vac for example (or preferably The Zigmeister) for an accurate lume. I guarantee you once all these steps are taken, and shipping is paid, your talking way over $300.. hell i'd even hazard a guess at $400.

I still want one.

You have owned a gen 111H right G?... you of all people can say if its worth it. You cant beat a gen though I suppose but your right, $1200 is a hell of alot for a rep. In saying that, I have over $1000 in 3 of my reps alone. 2 are 7753 based and the other ETA7750. I have considered moving to a couple of gens but my reps (just about ALL highly modded) are so accurate - its worth the price in many ways to invest into the models you really love.

I own a GEN 112 right now and still cannot justify the $1200 for a hand wind movement (which is innacurate to see as well). I can see the point of having a rep at $1000 with ETA 7753 reasonable enough, but not a rep at $1200 with ETA 6497!

You have owned a gen 111H right G?... you of all people can say if its worth it. You cant beat a gen though I suppose but your right, $1200 is a hell of alot for a rep. In saying that, I have over $1000 in 3 of my reps alone. 2 are 7753 based and the other ETA7750. I have considered moving to a couple of gens but my reps (just about ALL highly modded) are so accurate - its worth the price in many ways to invest into the models you really love.

That watch is pure GEN -- from the front view at least

For $1200 the engraved plates and incabloc should also be identical as well.

basically if LH could sell his completed watch with perfect lume, CG and crown, and replicate the perfect OFFICINE PANERAI engraving on his CDG series H plates with a swiss incabloc, $1200 would work for me.

Otherwise I'm happy with my "budget" DSN based approach

Everybody has their own idea of what a rep should be and how much they are willing to spend. Myself? I won't hesitate to spend $200 (even with the hidden extra charges) for this 1/2 dial. It's virtually indistinguishable from a gen dial IMHO.

I'm not sure what a gen dial is worth, but I know UJ has one for sale for $1200. For me, $200 +$30 shipping +$30 wire fee +$75 - $100 lume (I already have a donor dial for the lower plate). Even at $360, I'm still willing to pony up...Now if he'd just reply to my RG PM. :D

exactly.. :o

from a first glance I couldn't tell if it is a gen watch or a rep !!!!

I knew right away it was rep, but not because of the perfect dial...

Do you know what gave it away for me right off the bat? Something that I've never heard mentioned (doesn't mean it hasn't been, I've just never heard or read it), but is blatantly obvious to me.

I'll bet that the hands, or at least the second hand, are DSN. Notice the shape of the lumed part of the hand. I'll call it the football. :D It's not shaped the same as a gen second hand. The gen and standard rep hands are shaped like a football, equal on both ends. DSNs are wider at the end by the pivot.

Has this been spoken of before and I just missed it?

BTW - I'm not dissin' this watch at all...I wish it were mine!! I'd just change the second hand with a Zig lumed hand.

I still want one.

@elisix

I've started this project w/ a std swiss 6497-1 rep.

Wanted super lume, so I contacted Vac for some Vacluming. Hesitant of sending the watch across the Pacific,

which lead me to just buy a seperate set of Vaclumed dial and hands from him.

Then I meet this Little Hero guy...

He has perfect dials, so I just use my Vaclumed back plate and swap it with a LH dial.

Wanted the fully modded movement w/ bridges and engraving as well, but I doubt he will make additional

products of these... except for some ppl whom will be knock on his door to give him all the money they have

for one of 'em. LOL

Edited by Hongkytonkman

To me It looks like the text color ( on LH dial ) is to Yellowish compared to the genuine that is MORE white !

@elisix

I've started this project w/ a std swiss 6497-1 rep.

Wanted super lume, so I contacted Vac for some Vacluming. Hesitant of sending the watch across the Pacific,

which lead me to just buy a seperate set of Vaclumed dial and hands from him.

Then I meet this Little Hero guy...

He has perfect dials, so I just use my Vaclumed back plate and swap it with a LH dial.

Wanted the fully modded movement w/ bridges and engraving as well, but I doubt he will make additional

products of these... except for some ppl whom will be knock on his door to give him all the money they have

for one of 'em. LOL