When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angelus sf240

dadog13

Today was a crazy bidding on the bay for 3 clocks having inside the sf240 mvt...all 3 were sold by the same guy and all 3 ended bought by members from the rep community...I was one of them, you know who you are... ;) ...the seller says it is in good condition but not in working order...visually the mvt looks ok but that doesn't mean anything...now I have to wait that the watch gets to me so I can fw it to my watchsmith to check what's wrong...I hope that it needs just a good cleaning...and then it's off for another Angelus project...

this is the pic of the mvt and all the comments are welcome...to me it looks nice, it has a nice finishing on the mvt...it's a cote de geneve finishing, right?

f_4xangelusm_c511231.jpg

dadog

you have overbid me :D

but i have let it go... i was ready to bid many more money... but i got the first angelus and went to bed... i thought the other ones should be for any other RWG friends... as i have a lot of angelus and will get the chance to other members to own one... it

tourby,

Thank you for the offer - it's much appreciated!

I will consider it seriously...I will contact you once I get the watch...and thanks for letting this one go to me, I was ready to bid up to 700$...

I am glad as well that all 3 went to members from the rep community...congrats on the Angelus that you won!

Regards

V

dadog

you have overbid me :D

but i have let it go... i was ready to bid many more money... but i got the first angelus and went to bed... i thought the other ones should be for any other RWG friends... as i have a lot of angelus and will get the chance to other members to own one... it

Congrats, V.!

I took part on these auctions on past times, but I got constantly overbidded so I gave up.

Now you got my holy grail and you proved me it is possible in the end.

Has it even small seconds?

May I ask which was the winning bid?

Congrats, V.!

I took part on these auctions on past times, but I got constantly overbidded so I gave up.

Now you got my holy grail and you proved me it is possible in the end.

Has it even small seconds?

no small seconds on this one...

everything is possible...if you wake up at 4 a.m.! :lol:

all angelus movements have a second hand... it is only recessed on the movements... but with a long second hand pin you can install a second hand... no problem.

really?!

thanks for that, I wasn't aware of this... :good:

where is the second hand located on the angelus sf240? at 9,6 or in the center?

really?!

thanks for that, I wasn't aware of this... :good:

where is the second hand located on the angelus sf240? at 9,6 or in the center?

At the 9 O'clock position - as on vintage Panerai's. All Angelus movements share many parts - even key-wound movements have the space at the back of the plates to house keyless works (but are missing a central plate / bridge to allow you to do so) - essentially, the construction is modular, using around 80% of the same parts for each variant.

Dadog-

Congrats. When T, Enzo VDB, etc. show up it is usually hopeless. They all have clients who will pay any price. With the professionals and their clients scooping up everything that comes up these prices will only continue to escalate so you got yourself a good deal.

- Kruz

that goes for almost any pam parts online.

Nice catch Dadog! But why do you need so many of them? :rolleyes:

for the same reason why you need all the PAMs in your collection... :D

That is the funny thing about the vintage folks. They want to control the vintage world. :lol:

listen to the wise man...he knows what he is speaking of.... ;)