When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 Submariner - The Z series is gone!

chefcook

i just recieved my, and i order 2005 model but george wrote me that they gonna send me 2007 z model? i dont know these watches so well that i can say what im recieved? so i add few bad pictures if some one know what model is my watch... there is no engravings on rehault, but i would like to have those engravings..

you DONT want those engravings. theyre far from perfect currently

The o-ring gasket is accurate to the gen, but the Euromariner has not only one crystal gasket - on the Euromariner there is a gasket and an o-ring between retaining ring and case and then a second crystal gasket on top.

That is no good news... :( Do u think it can be fixed in some ways? Replacing both the gasket and that strage o-ring with one crystal gasket and a new crystal could do the job??

but visually as a whole is the PT case different? or just in the inner construction?

Yes, the whole PT / WM9 case is different to the Euromariner case. Differences are visible, when known.

That is no good news... :( Do u think it can be fixed in some ways? Replacing both the gasket and that strage o-ring with one crystal gasket and a new crystal could do the job??

The o-ring is is correct and should stay where it is. Remember:

Gen / WM9 / PT: One o-ring, one crystal gasket.

Euromariner / MBK 2008: One o-ring, TWO crystal gaskets.

I replaced the lower gasket (between case and retaining ring) with a clarks aftermarket gasket, which is the crystal gasket for the clarks crystal, too. The upper smaller gasket, that holds the stock euromariner crystal, remained untouched in its groove. Worked good and is waterproof.

But fact is, that the Euromariner / MBK 2008 is far away from beeing a perfect rep of the gen regarding the bezel assembly. The WM9 / PT is better, but still not there perfectly. But at least the differences from WM9 / PT to the gen is only marginal...

I have ordered a Sub WM9 from www.watchmaker9.tv which in this website was marked as a Z series.Instead I have received a M series M550343. Is this right?Should I ask some of my money back?Or re-ask for the Z? What are the main differences between the M and the Z series?

Gens have a crown etched in that same location.

On Gens the etched crown is supposed to be practically invisible to the naked eye because the etching is so intricate, small, detailed blah blah.

Some reps have this visible, some dont have it all.

You can be the one to judge if it makes it more genlike or not.