When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any RWG bikers?

pollux1

I'd love to know if any of my fellow forum members ride bikes, small bikes, big bikes, anything really? I'll go first..... I started off with mx bikes when I was 16, then got on the road with 125cc machines, progressing to a CBR 600 fs, and currently A KAWASAKI ZX-7R. All comments welcome!

Yeah baby! My steed is a CB1100F from 1983. It was built by Charlie Macdonald, a close friend of mine and mechanic for Fast Freddie Spencer. The pipe was hand-bent by none other than Kaz Yoshima. She's a screamer and has more ponies than my Land-Rover. :o

Been burning up NYC for the last 15 years on a succession of vintage BMW boxers and Ducati here and there. Currently on a 95 BMW R1100R with 60,000 miles on it (40,000 all mine). Best way to get around NYC if you don't mind the daily-near-death-experience style of riding.

Been riding since I was 15 (learned how to ride on a mate's Garelli Tiger Cross in 1975 !! - oops, given my age away !!). I went from a moped to a Honda 125, to a Suzuki GT550 Triple (2 stroke!) and more 750s and 1000s than I care to remember!

Here's my current baby:

aug2006oy0.jpg

@JoJo that's a spectacular King Kenny you have there. Verrrrrrrrry nice. :tu:

Here's Charlie and Mike in the pits before a Superbike race. For bonus points can anyone tell me whose bike it is that Charlie's hand is resting on?

cb750f.jpg

This is very close to how Scooter looks today.

cb1100f.jpg

My first bike was a Yamaha RSX100. i loved that bike we went everywhere together. i even squeezed 72MPH out of her.

Then i got a Suzuki RG250 this was the one before the RGV250 came out. a bit of a rocket at the time but being a 2 stroke i couldn't keep the bugger on oil...

My current bike is a very sensible 1995 Honda CB500. I have her from new. unfortunately she's looking a tad sorry for herself after i dropped her. I feel a bit embarrassed about this but late one dark evening i was riding home from my folks and i was adjusting my visor when i rode into a tree that fell onto the road. I mean how can you not see a tree!! luckily i wasn't going fast.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest farquar

Been riding a while myself, last 3 years an Aprilia RSV Mille..Love the damn tractor so much so that I cant move on... Helibars are a big help though..:p

post-10519-1223830405_thumb.jpg

Edited by farquar